Posted by Jake on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 10:45pm.
The angle of elevation to the top of a 20-story skyscraper is measured to be 10 from a point on the ground 1,500 feet from the building. Find the height of the skyscraper in feet, correct to three decimal places.
(Points : 5)
Let f(x) = sin-1x. Then the domain of f(x) is [-1,1] and the range is all real numbers.
(Points : 5)
- Math Check 2 ?s quick - Reiny, Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 11:01pm
first question is correct
#2 should be true.
sin^-1 (x) means find the angle Ø so that sinØ = x
since the result of taking the sine is always a number between -1 and +1
then for sin^-2 (x) , your choice of x has to be -1 ≤ x ≤ 1
e.g try taking sin^-1 (1.4) on your calculator
you should get an "error" result
- Math Check 2 ?s quick - Jill, Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 11:14pm
Thank you so much!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pre-Calculus - 1.The angle of elevation to top of a building from a point on the...
- Geometry - Just really quick, my friend and I disagree on this problem. I got ...
- Math - A skyscraper is 1150feet above ground level it extends 35 feet below ...
- Trigonometry - A hill in Colorado makes an angle of 15.0° with the horizontal ...
- Precalculus - To estimate the height of a building, two students find the angle ...
- Trig - From a point 120 feet from the base of a plant building the angle of ...
- math - Sighting the top of a building, a surveyor measured the angle of ...
- math - a man standing on ground level is 1000 feet away from the base of a 350 ...
- physics - A superhero is running toward a skyscraper to stop a villain from ...
- precalc - The angle of elevation to the top of a building from a point on the ...