Posted by terra on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 3:16pm.
a carpenter has a wooden stick that is 84 centimeters long.then she cuts of 25% from the end of the stick.then she cuts the remaining into 6 equal pieces.what is the length of each piece?
math - britney, Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 3:52pm
math - Reiny, Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 4:51pm
length left over after 25% is cut off
length of each of the 6 pieces
= .75(84)/6 = 10.5 cm
Are you not concerned about the loss due to all those cuts?
math - Damon, Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 5:05pm
Using a laser beam of infinitesimal width :)
math - Nyelle smith, Monday, January 5, 2015 at 5:07pm
How did Bentley get 76
math - Destiny, Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 8:11pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - A carpenter has a wooden stick that is 84 centimeters long. She cuts off ...
- Math-percents - A carpenter has a wooden stick that is 84cm long.she cuts off 25...
- Math - A carpenter has a wodden stick that s 84 centimeters long.She cuts of 25...
- algebra - The length of a piece of fabric is 8y yards. Landon cuts 7 yards from ...
- math - For an art project, Marco cuts a 12 and two thirds ft piece of ...
- Math - Bernadette cuts a piece of fabric into four pieces of the same length. ...
- Math - Benita has 3 ropes measuring 54 centimeters, 108 centimeters and 189 ...
- math - A stick is cut into three pieces,each having a different length.Each ...
- Math - A carpenter has a board that is 4 yards long. He cuts it into 3 equal ...
- Mathematics - A stick is 203cm long. The stick is cut into n pieces, each the ...