Posted by Mer on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 2:27pm.
If Greenland ice sheet melted, approximately how much would the sea level rise worldwide?
(1 meter =3.28 feet)
a. 500 feet
b. 16.4 feet
c. 50 feet
d. 164 feet
- Science/math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 2:34pm
How many meters would it rise?
- Science/math - Mer, Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 2:37pm
yeah, that's all the question give me. I don't understand it. those are my only answers.
- Science/math - Mer, Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 3:23pm
would you be able to help?
- Science/math - Steve, Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 4:23pm
you need to find the volume of the ice sheet
Then you need to figure how many m^3 of water that would be when melted
Then you need to find the area of the earth's water surface.
Then divide the ice-water volume (m^3) by the earth's water-surface area (m^2), giving the depth increase (m)
- Science/math - Damon, Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 7:10pm
Ice Sheet Volume
• Total volume of ice contained in the ice sheet: 2.931 x 106 km3 (Bamber et al. 2001)
o This is the equivalent to an additional 7 m of global sea level rise.
• Ice sheet volume: 2.911080129751762 x 1012 m3 (calculations by R. Huff using Bamber et al. 2001)
• Total ice volume estimated at 2.620 x 106 km3 (Ohmura et al., 1999)
o This is the equivalent to an additional 6.7 m of global sea level rise, without considering the effect of hydro-isostacy.
- Science/math - Damon, Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 7:12pm
7*3.28 = 23 feet
If that is all correct
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- 6th grade math - a diver's elevation is -30 feet relative to sea level. she ...
- physics - You are standing 7 feet from one speaker and 13 feet from another. ...
- Math Ms.Sue please - 1. 2/3 - 5/4 -3 -3/12 23/12 -17/12 2. -6.1 + 1.7 7.8 -4.4 -...
- Algebra 1 - John went mountain climbing. He reached 350 feet above sea level. ...
- math - a submarine is 294 feet below sea level. a helicopter is flying diretly ...
- Geometry - A triangle is enlarged by a factor of 3. The perimeter of the new ...
- math - he dimensions of Liz's desk are 3.2 feet wide and 4.6 feet long. Match ...
- Math - A square field has an area of 22,500 square feet. To the nearest foot, ...
- math - a mountain, 100 feet above sea level, is near a valley 700 feet below sea...
- math - a mountain, 200 feet above sea level, is near a valley 700 feet below sea...