Posted by Help with science please on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 12:50pm.
1. Over time, a particular plant has developed a longer stamen. Which of the following is a possible advantage of having a longer stamen?
A. A longer stamen could ensure that an insect brushes against an another and picks up pollen.
B. A longer stamen could ensure that the flower produces more nectar.
C. A longer stamen could ensure that pollen could reach the ovary and fertilize the egg.
D. A longer stamen could ensure that the developing flower is well protected.
2. How does the sticky tip of the pistil help a plant reproduce
A. The tip of the pistil is sticky so it can trap pollinators.
B. The tip of the pistil is sticky so it can disperse pollen.
C. The tip of the pistil is sticky so it can disperse seeds.
D. The tip of the pistil is sticky so it can trap pollen.
5. The fruit of an oak tree is called an acorn. You observe a squirrel gathering and burying acorns. Several months later, you observe an oak seedling growing in the area where the squirrel buried an acorn. What conclusion can you draw about oak tree reproduction from your observation
A. Squirrels help disperse oak tree seeds by eating their fruit.
B. Squirrels help oak trees reproduce by burying acorns.
C. Squirrels bury acorns so they have a source of food in the future.
D. Squirrels prefer acorns to other types of nuts.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science help plzzz - 1. Over time, a particular plant has developed a longer ...
- science plz help right now!!!! - Multiple Choice 1. Over time, a particular ...
- Can someone check these answer for me? - Multiple Choice 1. Over time, a ...
- ecology - what is a stamen
- Physical Science - Is it possible to keep adding C and H atoms to make longer ...
- english - 31. China is .… considered as a communist country by a large number of...
- Science - Daylight hours in the summer time are noticeably longer than in the ...
- English - 1. Robbers could no longer steal at night. 2. Robbers could not steal ...
- Geometry - one ladder is 7.2 feet longer than another. each is placed on level ...
- English - 1. You have to wait longer to meet him. 2. You have to stay longer to ...