Posted by Eschew Obfuscate on Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 11:01pm.
My current Spanish class is performing an oral presentation on advice for losing weight or being fit. I was wondering if somebody could proofread my Spanish speaking portion and point out the obvious errors? I'm terrible at Spanish so there's probably quite a few elementary errors.
¿Eres gordo? ¿No te gusta el cuerpo? ¿Necesitas adelgazar? Yo tengo una solución por ti. En los Estados Unidos, muchas personas son gorda. Sugiero que tú visites al gimnasio y caminas todos los días en tu barrio. Es muy fácil, no necesitas tomar drogas o comer nada. Pero, es imposible que adelgaces sin evites la comida mala. No puedas comer hamburguesa y perro calientes cuando te pongas a dieta. Sugiero que tú compras comida por una dieta balanceada como apio, zanahoria, y lechuga. Es importante que tú recibas suficiente reposo. Sin suficiente reposo, tu cuerpo no puede recuperarse del ejercicio. Espero que tu adelgaces.
- Spanish Foreign Language - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 11:05pm
I'll send this to our Spanish expert, SraJMcGin.
Please check back later or in the morning to see her response.
- Spanish Foreign Language - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 8:53pm
Sorry, I have been away from the house so I just saw your posting, thanks to Ms. Sue. I hope this is not too late!
Yo tengo una solución para ti. (para means intended for you)
muchas personas son gordas. (because personas is feminine and plural, the adjective must be also = gordas)
Sugiero que tú visites el gimnasio (you don't need a) y camines (this is the Subjunctive, just like visitar becomes visites)
Es muy fácil; (semicolon to avoid a run-on sentence)
no necesitas tomar drogas ni comer nada. (negative o becomes ni)
sin evitar (sin is a preposition and the only form of a verb to use after a preposition is the invinitive!)
No puedes comer (statement of fact with the Present tense)
You are NOT bad at Spanish. This is quite good, especially the use of the Subjunctive, except for small errors!
- Spanish Foreign Language - Eschew Obfuscate, Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 9:19pm
Thanks so much :)
- Spanish Foreign Language - SraJMcGin, Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 6:30pm
You are entirely welcome!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Spanish - what is the most likely the reason that Spanish-speaking students in ...
- Spanish - Hello. (= I'm writing a paper for extra credit in Spanish class, and I...
- Spanish I - I'm taking a Spanish class now, but I cannot figure out how to roll ...
- spanish don't know which to choose - A simple route to appreciate other ...
- Spanish - Which of the following is true about walking is many parts of the ...
- spanish - Spanish 1B - I am an honor student but with spanish for me I can ...
- Spanish - Almost all students in Spanish-speaking schools ______ . a. learn a ...
- math - There are a total of 107 foreign language students in a high school ...
- foreign language(SPANISH) - i need help to unscramble these spanish words!!! ...
- Spanish - Help. I need in Spanish! Write a short paragraph explaining some ...