Posted by steven on Monday, January 6, 2014 at 12:16pm.
1.How is the maximum or minimum point of the original quadratic function related to the maximum or minimum point of its reciprocal function?
2.How can you use the leading coefficient of the original quadratic function to tell you whether its reciprocal will have a maximum or minimum.
3.Explain how you can tell the end behaviour of the reciprocal of a quadratic function from the graph of the original quadratic function?
4.Explain how to use the graph of a reciprocal function to solve an inequality.
someone help me fast please... - steven, Monday, January 6, 2014 at 2:50pm
someone do it fast please i need it tomorrow, please do it.
math - Steve, Monday, January 6, 2014 at 3:16pm
1. Think about reciprocals. 1/x is smaller if x is larger. So, a max of f(x) is a min for 1/f(x)
2. If the leading coefficient is positive, f(x) has a minimum (the parabola opens upward), and vice-versa for negative.
3. Since a parabola grows without bound, its reciprocal shrinks without bounds - that is, approaches zero.
4. Think of a parabola, with a line drawn across it. If the parabola is above the line, its reciprocal will be below the line.
visit wolframalpha.com and play around with some functions, and see what the graphs look like. Just type in the function and it will display the graph, as well as other information.
thank u steve - steven, Monday, January 6, 2014 at 8:42pm
math - Anonymous, Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 10:45pm
steve can you please email me i have a question for you
math - Anonymous, Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 10:47pm
steve can you please email me i have a question for you, brar.09hotmai
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math please - 1.Give a linear function with its zero at x=a, what is the ...
- Algebra- Maximum and minimum. - I don't understand how to find the maximum and ...
- ALGEBRA - Determine whether the quadratic function has a minimum or maximum ...
- Algebra2 - Complete parts a – c for each quadratic function: a. Find the y-...
- math - Determine whether the given quadratic function has a minimum value or ...
- Maximum and Minimum - Its been awhile since I have done compleating the square, ...
- algebra - determine the given quadratic function has a minimum valueor maximum ...
- Algebra2 - Complete parts a – c for each quadratic function. a. Find the y-...
- Algebra - Find the vertex, the line of symmetry, the maximum or minimum of the ...
- algebra - Find the line of symmetry, the maximum or minimum value of the ...