Posted by Thomas on Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 11:09pm.
The perimeter of the rectangle is 24 cm, the long side is x + 2, the width side is x , if a new rectangle is created by doubling the lengths of the original rectangle's longest sides, what would the new rectangle's perimeter be ?
a. 17 cm^2
b. 24 cm^2
c. 31 cm^2
d. 38 cm^2
e. 48 cm^2
please answer and explain
- math - Reiny, Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 11:44pm
2(x + x+2) = 24
the original rectangle is 5 by 7
take it from there
- math - Thomas, Monday, January 6, 2014 at 12:58am
so, doubling the lenghts = 2x+4
- math - Reiny, Monday, January 6, 2014 at 11:22am
Read your question more carefully, it said to double the original triangle's LONGEST sides
original longest side = 7
new longest side = 14
new recctangle is 5 by 14
new perimeter = 38
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - A rectangle measures 6 inches in length by 9 inches in width. If the ...
- Math - answer to travis has designed a rectangle with an area of 59 square units...
- maths - the length of a rectangle is 3 less than 5 times its width. Write a ...
- math - The length of a rectangle is twice the width. If the length is increased ...
- Math - The first question is this: Helen designs a rectangle with an area of 225...
- grade 6 math - The shorter side of a rectangle is 20 m. Decreasing the longer ...
- geometry - The perimeter of the rectangle is 19 inches. The perimeter of the ...
- Algebra 1 - The perimeter of a rectangle equals the sum of the lengths of its ...
- Alg II - I have a rectangle whose sides are in the proportion b:a, where b is ...
- math - The length of a rectangle is 2 times its width and its perimeter is 42 cm...