Posted by Thomas on Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 11:09pm.
The perimeter of the rectangle is 24 cm, the long side is x + 2, the width side is x , if a new rectangle is created by doubling the lengths of the original rectangle's longest sides, what would the new rectangle's perimeter be ?
a. 17 cm^2
b. 24 cm^2
c. 31 cm^2
d. 38 cm^2
e. 48 cm^2
please answer and explain
- math - Reiny, Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 11:44pm
2(x + x+2) = 24
the original rectangle is 5 by 7
take it from there
- math - Thomas, Monday, January 6, 2014 at 12:58am
so, doubling the lenghts = 2x+4
- math - Reiny, Monday, January 6, 2014 at 11:22am
Read your question more carefully, it said to double the original triangle's LONGEST sides
original longest side = 7
new longest side = 14
new recctangle is 5 by 14
new perimeter = 38
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- maths - the length of a rectangle is 3 less than 5 times its width. Write a ...
- Math - answer to travis has designed a rectangle with an area of 59 square units...
- geometry - A rectangle measures 6 inches in length by 9 inches in width. If the ...
- math - The length of a rectangle is twice the width. If the length is increased ...
- Math - The first question is this: Helen designs a rectangle with an area of 225...
- math - The perimeter of a rectangle with adjacent side lengths of x and y, where...
- grade 6 math - The shorter side of a rectangle is 20 m. Decreasing the longer ...
- math - The length of a rectangle is three times the length of a side of a square...
- basic geometry - A rectangle has width the same asa a side of a square whose ...
- math - The length of a rectangle is 2 times its width and its perimeter is 42 cm...