Posted by Peter on Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 6:38pm.
14.If a forest ecosystem is removed through clear-cutting, many species of organisms that lived in that ecosystem disappear. Their loss is due to ________________________.
15.When fossil fuels are burned, they produce ________________, the main greenhouse gas responsible for global warming trends.
16.By switching from fossil fuels to solar, wind, hydroelectric, and other renewable sources of energy, humans can ___________ the trends in biodiversity loss.
17.Depletion of the ____________ in the atmosphere has slowed because of an international ban on the manufacture of chemical compounds used in refrigerators and aerosol spray cans.
18.Fertilizers and pesticides applied to farm fields in Pennsylvania have made their way down into the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland. This is an example of _________________ pollution.
19.Before beginning any land development project, people should carry out a(n) ___________________ analysis to consider all of the potential impacts of the project on the local ecosystems.
20.If changing conditions lead to decreased oxygen levels in the stream, the carrying capacity of the stream for the trout will decrease. Oxygen level in water is therefore a(n) _____________ with respect to the number of trout that a particular stream can support.
21.To conserve materials and energy, it is best to recycle as much solid waste as possible. Recycling slows the rate of waste going into ______________.
22.Disturbance of an ecosystem by human activity often has negative effects on the number of species, which is a measure of its __________________.
- Science - Anonymous, Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 6:41pm
What are your answers? The first one is deforestation.
- Science - Peter, Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 6:41pm
- Science - Peter, Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 6:43pm
14 Habitat Destruction
15 Carbon dioxide
- Science - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 6:57pm
18? Please check this answer. I think there may be a better answer.
Your other answers are right.
- Science - Peter, Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 6:58pm
- Science - Peter, Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 6:59pm
What is 20 and 22?
- Science - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 7:07pm
20 -- I don't know.
- Science - Peter, Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 7:08pm
I got the same thing for 22!
- Science - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 7:09pm
- Science - Maddison, Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 10:55am
I need help with number 20 :/
- Science - Ace, Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 1:09pm
- Science - Anonymous, Monday, April 28, 2014 at 1:15pm
what is 23?
- Science - zion, Tuesday, May 6, 2014 at 10:52am
23. is succession
- Science - Bobby JR, Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 3:38pm
What is 18?
- Science - Nicole, Shafer, Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 11:02am
you all are in trouble:(
- Science - nevaeh, Friday, December 19, 2014 at 12:15pm
shut the hell up nicole
- Science - Nicole, Shafer, Monday, January 5, 2015 at 2:22pm
nevaeh i think you need to shut your pie hole
- Science - zahraa, Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 10:55am
what is 18
- Science - Crazyface1212, Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 2:38pm
So what are the real answers?
- Science - sza, Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 3:19pm
are these the answers?
- Science - Hit The Quan, Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 2:11pm
18. nonpoint source
- Science - hi, Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 12:16pm
- Science - ♥ вℓυяяуƒα¢є ♥, Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 11:58am
Does anyone know if these are the correct answers?
- Science - Anonymous, Saturday, March 19, 2016 at 3:50pm
Nicole Shafer is by far the worst teacher ever. Thank you nevaeh for saying that. :)
- Science - Music Lover 14, Saturday, March 19, 2016 at 3:53pm
#16 actual answer is reverse.
- Science - Christopher Valle, Monday, March 28, 2016 at 1:15pm
Nichole why did you not want to be my teacher
- Science - Doodle, Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 6:00pm
What is number 19
- Science - bettyboop, Monday, May 2, 2016 at 8:29pm
19 is migration, i think?
- Science - Ashley, Monday, May 9, 2016 at 8:42am
ok. I'm going to take the test. Will be back later to help y'all with answers you need. I know it might have been a long time, but I think I could help someone else who needs it later.
- Science - Ashley, Monday, May 9, 2016 at 10:23am
Hey y'all I got the answers for 1-13. The rest has to be graded. Will tell y'all then. But here is 1-13
Hope I helped y'all ;)Because some people gave the wrong answers and I got like one or two wrong...I hope y'all get a good grade! =) Have A Great Day!!!
- Science - Ashley, Monday, May 9, 2016 at 10:24am
But these are all correct. I showed me the right answers, I did wrong in case you are wondering =)
- Science - Ashley, Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 10:13pm
I'm sorry, I came back to see if I made mistake and who is Heather Tamayo? O.o
- Science - Ebryana, Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 9:45pm
Heather obviously was looking up the answers to end up on this website
- Jayleen - Science, Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 5:34pm
The correct answer for 18. is point source>>>
- Science - pool, Monday, January 2, 2017 at 3:18pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - 14.If a forest ecosystem is removed through clear-cutting, many ...
- Science - ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Choices *Extra Words In The Word Box (Will Be...
- science - If a forest ecosystem is removed through clear cutting, their loss is ...
- science (check!) - when fossil fuels are burned they produce _____, the main ...
- Science - Make a flowchart to show how the event m might affect a forest ...
- Science - Choose an ecosystem to research with regard to abiotic factors and how...
- Science - Water pollution is harming an ecosystem.Many of the organisms that ...
- Science - A nonnative species of animal is introduced into a healthy ecosystem. ...
- Science - 3. A nonnative species of animal is introduced into a healthy ...
- science - A nonnative species of animal is introduced into a healthy ecosystem. ...