Posted by Ashley Kate on Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 3:24am.
The sum of two numbers is 25. Twice the second plus 4 is equal to the first. Find the numbers.
The difference of two numbers is 42. Thrice the first 4 more than the second. Find the numbers.
Math - Algebra - Damon, Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 4:52am
x and (25-x)
2(25-x) + 4 = x
50 - 2x + 4 = x
3 x = 54
x = 18
x and (x+42)
3 x - 4 = x+42
2 x = 46
x = 23
Math - Algebra - kevin, Monday, September 15, 2014 at 11:15pm
2and2differnce is 5
Math - Algebra - Anonymous, Monday, September 28, 2015 at 9:07pm
Is 1 38/61 irrational.
Math - Algebra - Anonymous, Saturday, February 13, 2016 at 2:59am
the sum of two numbers is 30. The second number is 2 more than thrice the first number. Find the numbers
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math 8th grade - I NEED THESE IN ALGEBRAIC EXPRESSION!! The larger of two sums ...
- mathematics-Algebra - I think of two whole numbers;the product of the average of...
- Grade 8 Math - Can you write them in Mathematical/numbers form I'll solve them ...
- Algebra - Four numbers have a total of 92. The first number is twice the second ...
- Math- urgent - The second of two numbers is five more than the twice first. The ...
- 8th Grade Math - *I NEED THESE IN ALGEBRAIC EXPRESSIONS! 1.) The larger of two ...
- algebra - Twice the first number is eleven more than the sum of the other two ...
- algebra - Three numbers are such that the first number is 10 less than twice the...
- Math - The sum of two numbers is 44. The second number is 5 more than twice the ...
- Programming - Read two numbers from the keyboard Display the menu options as ...