Posted by Aranxta on Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 2:17pm.
sauce 1: 5 green peppers + 4 hot peppers
sauce 2: 4 green peppers + 8 hot peppers
I have 1050 green peppers and 1200 hot peppers
Profit sauce 1 :$1.20
Profit sauce 2: $ 1.00
I made a system of inequalities:
5x +4y > 1
4x +8y > 1
I calculated I can make :
210 pints of sauce 1 with left over 360 hot peppers or
150 pints of sauce 2 with left over 450 green peppers
How much of each sauce should I make to max profit and what is the max profit?
If I make only sauce 1 my profit will be $ 252
if I only make sauce 2 my profit will be only $150
But I am confused about how calculate to graph this information so it shows my total profit
- Algebra 2 - Steve, Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 4:23pm
looks like you haven't thought out just what your variables represent.
In the first two equations, it appears that x is the number of batches of sauce 1, y is the number of batches of sauce 2, so 5x+4y is the number of green peppers required, and 4x+8y is the number of red peppers required.
In the 2nd set of conditions, x and y appear to be the number of peppers.
So, what you need is (with x,y the number of pints of sauce):
x >= 1
y >= 1
5x+4y <= 1050
4x+8y <= 1200
Now, to maximize profit, you want to maximize
p = 1.20x + 1.00y
subject to the above conditions. Using your favorite linear optimization calculator, you will find that
max p = $255.00 at
- Algebra 2 - Aranxta, Thursday, December 26, 2013 at 10:23pm
thank you :) You explained it so easy!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 11th - Activity 1: Graphing To fill an order for Sizzlin' Sauce sauces, ...
- math - Meredith picked 4 times as many green peppers as red peppers. If she ...
- Please HELP with this storie problem - Dave buys 3 green peppers and 2 red ...
- Math help storie problem - Dave buys 3 green peppers and 2 red peppers for $3.45...
- Algebra help - Dave buys 3 green peppers and 2 red peppers for $3.45. Ruth buys ...
- mathematics - In a truck of red and green peppers the ratio of red peppers to ...
- math - Freya doesn't like peppers, so she grew 0 peppers in her garden. She ...
- math - the grocer puts 3 green peppers in each of 8 packages. He puts 5 green ...
- Math - Number of packages of red peppers to number of packages of green packages...
- Janine - You order fifteen burritos to go from a Mexican restaurant, eight with ...