Posted by Emma on Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 6:47pm.
How do you do a double conversions and metric measurements?
32km/hr > m/s
Like how do you convert that?
Science - Henry, Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 7:52pm
V = 32km/h = 32000m/3600s = 8.89 m/s.
32km = 32,000 m.
1h = 3600s.
Science - Damon, Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 8:22pm
anything/divided by the same thing does not change anything really but the name of it
so multiplying by (1000 m/ 1 km ) for example
does not change the amount, just its name
(32 km/hr)(1 hr/3600s)(1000 m/km)
hr cancels, km cancels
comes out in m/s
Science - Damon, Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 8:23pm
That trick does not matter here, but when you get problems with a whole bunch of conversions needed, it sure helps.
Science - Henry, Friday, December 20, 2013 at 6:06pm
Yes, I use that trick when there are more conversions than we have here.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Metric Conversions...Help! - How would you convert these? Metric conversions 1. ...
- Programming - How would the flow charts and pseudocode look for this? The Metric...
- Science - Is there an easier way to understand how to convert gallons to liters ...
- Chemistry - How would you convert these? Metric conversions 1. 2000 mg = ...
- Math/Metric system - I need to know how to make conversions and compare within ...
- algebra - Convert the metric measurements into inc,correct to the nearest inc.C)...
- 6th Grade Math - My daughter needs to use PROPORTION to solve metric conversions...
- history ish - The U.S is the only country currently not using the metric system ...
- Metric System - I have two queations that have to do with the metric system: 1- ...
- Physics - what um it's like a measurement but the u is all wierd... I'm trying ...