Posted by Kasey on Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 3:27pm.
Can someone help me with these 2 questions please? thanks!! :)
1. Why did President Madison veto a bill that supported government funding of internal improvements? (1 point)
The Second Bank of the United States did not have enough money to pay for the improvements.
Turnpike tolls collected enough money to finance all of the improvements needed.
Madison believed states should pay for their own improvements.
Construction of the National Road was already complete.
2. During the early 1800s, South Carolina improved transportation by building (1 point)
the National Road.
dirt roads and horse paths.
canals and ferries.
rivers and ports.
- History - Damon, Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 3:36pm
Well, I would pick:
" Madison believed states should pay for their own improvements. "
but really he did not believe that the Constitution gave the federal government the power to fund infrastructure. That is not quite the same.
- History - Damon, Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 3:48pm
Now I suspect the "correct" answer to the second question is canals, see this :https://www.sc.edu/uscpress/books/2010/3867x.pdf
However South Carolina was also building other types of road at the time. South Carolina was not part of the National Road though.
- History - A Spycrab, Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 2:50pm
The answers are as follows:
1.(listed as 1., here) C
3.(listed as 2., here) C
- History - Snow crab, Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 10:40am
Thanks A Spycrab.. I got a 100%
- History - Anonymous, Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 11:56am
Thank I got a 100
- History - Anonymous2, Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 5:12pm
yeah thanks i got a 100 too
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- us history - Some help with this questions would be great....thanks everyone. I ...
- U.S. History 1865 - Can someone please help me with this question? Why was the ...
- Civics - "Every bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and ...
- Civics - The president of the United States is the head of the executive branch ...
- Science - 1: Which statement best describes the framework of government ...
- history - The Bill of Rights is generally recognized as protecting the citizens...
- government - Think anyone can help me. I'm having trouple with my social civics ...
- Please help.. - Hi, I got stuck on a few questions, do you mind helping me? What...
- math - im having problems with these word problems. A bill is sent to the ...
- Social Studies - Congress passes a bill- The president veto's a bill- congress ...