Posted by Kasey on Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 3:27pm.
Can someone help me with these 2 questions please? thanks!! :)
1. Why did President Madison veto a bill that supported government funding of internal improvements? (1 point)
The Second Bank of the United States did not have enough money to pay for the improvements.
Turnpike tolls collected enough money to finance all of the improvements needed.
Madison believed states should pay for their own improvements.
Construction of the National Road was already complete.
2. During the early 1800s, South Carolina improved transportation by building (1 point)
the National Road.
dirt roads and horse paths.
canals and ferries.
rivers and ports.
- History - Damon, Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 3:36pm
Well, I would pick:
" Madison believed states should pay for their own improvements. "
but really he did not believe that the Constitution gave the federal government the power to fund infrastructure. That is not quite the same.
- History - Damon, Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 3:48pm
Now I suspect the "correct" answer to the second question is canals, see this :https://www.sc.edu/uscpress/books/2010/3867x.pdf
However South Carolina was also building other types of road at the time. South Carolina was not part of the National Road though.
- History - A Spycrab , Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 2:50pm
The answers are as follows:
1.(listed as 1., here) C
3.(listed as 2., here) C
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- us history - Some help with this questions would be great....thanks everyone. I ...
- U.S. History 1865 - Can someone please help me with this question? Why was the ...
- Civics - "Every bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and ...
- Civics - The president of the United States is the head of the executive branch ...
- Social Studies - Congress passes a bill- The president veto's a bill- congress ...
- American Goverment - When the President vetoes a bill he (Points : 1) must veto ...
- Civics - If the president has vetoed a bill passed by congress, what can ...
- math - im having problems with these word problems. A bill is sent to the ...
- Social Studies - 1. Laws begin with ideas that come from Representatives or from...
- government - Think anyone can help me. I'm having trouple with my social civics ...