Posted by victoria on Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 11:56am.
1. x + 8 <-28
a) x <-36
b) x <-20
c) x <20
d) x <36
2. p/8 > -5
a) p > 40
b) p > 3
c) p > -13
d) p > -40
3. -8x > -64
a) x < 8
b) x > 8
c) x <-72
d) x > 72
math - Reiny, Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 12:07pm
Treat these as if they were equations but keeping the in-equality sign instead of the equal sign,
when you multiply or divide the in-equation by a negative, you must reverse the inequality sign.
-8x > -64
I would have to divide by -8 to get +x , so
x < 8
x + 8 < -28
x < -28 - 8 , I did not multiply/divide so no big deal
x < -36
you do #2, let me know what you get
math - victoria, Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 12:15pm
math - Reiny, Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 12:18pm
yes, but be more confident in your choice
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I'm worried about my math. 1. Why don't you buy a math self- teaching ...
- Math...For All Math Tutors - I would like to know how many of the people ...
- math - all i can say is math stinx dont mess with math. without math, a lot of ...
- math - What is temperature when you do math. In seventh grade math is hard and I...
- math - I just do not understand how to figure this out. Find the number of ...
- LNU - math In a class of 50 students it was found 21 are taking English 14 are ...
- English Grammar - A: What time is your math/Math class? B: At eleven forty-five...
- Math - A fertilizer covers 5/8 square foot in 1/4 hour. i don't understand how ...
- Math - Is IB Math Studies the same as Pre-Calculus? I heard that IB Math Studies...
- 3rd grade Math - Actual question on homework."EXPLAIN HOW YOU CAN BREAK APART ...