Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 4:58pm.
Need help on these questions!
Find the slope of each line.
Solve the equations.
Simplify each expression.
- Math - Damon, Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 5:53pm
y = m x + b where m is slope
so y = 1 x + 1
means slope = m = 1
multiply both sides by 2
-12 + x = 4
add 12 to both sides
x = 16
first multiply out
-20 n + 20 + 6 - 42 n
then combine like terms
-22 n + 26
- Math - Serena, Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 5:57pm
1. So you know that the slope intercept form is y=mx+b, right. And m is the slope. So in this case there is no straight out coefficient, but x is also equal to 1x. Therefore one is your slope.
2. So first bring -6 to the opposite side of the equation by adding 6 to each side. You are left with x/2 = 8. Then you want to separate x, so you multiply each side by two to get rid of the denominator. This leaves x being 16.
3. So in order of PEMDAS you would multiply first. So begin by distributing the -4 to make the left side be -20n + 20. Then distribute the 6 on the other side to make it 6 -32n. Since all you have to do is add, add -20n + 20 + 6 + -32n. Simplified the answer would be -12n + 26.
Hope that helps.
Serena, a 10th grade student.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Discuss the steps necessary to carry out each activity. Describe ...
- Math - 1. Find the next number in the pattern. -1, 3, 7, 11 a. 16 b.77 c.15 <...
- Algebra - Is it possible to find the slope of a line if the equation has two ys...
- Algebra 1 - 1.Simplify the expression below (-2w^3)^5 / 8w. What is the value of...
- Algebra - equations and inequalities unit test for questions 1-5, solve the ...
- math - How do you solve this problem? Find the slope-intercept equation of the ...
- Math - What is the slope of the line that passes through the points (-2,5) and (...
- math - graph the line with slope 1/2 passing through the point(-5,-2) find the ...
- Physics - can someone help i'm stuck on two questions??? 23. On a velocity-time ...
- Math(Please help) - Write an equation of the line satisfying the given condition...