Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 4:53pm.
My math exam is coming up Friday and I need help!! Can you please guide me throgh the processes on the three questions? Thank you so much greatly apreciate it!!
Write the standard form of the equation of each line given the slipe and y-intercept.
1. Slope= -1/5, y-intercept=0
Write the slope intercept form of the equation of each line.
Write the slope intercept form of the equation of the line thorough the given points.
3. Through: (1,-4) and (-5,-4)
- Quick math help - Reiny, Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 6:04pm
Wow, I must say, if you cannot do those questions, then you are certainly not ready for your math exam
1. if the y-intercept is 0, doesn't that mean the line goes through the origin or (0,0) ????
so in y = mx + b form ...
y = (-1/5)x
multiply by 5
5y = -x
standard form has both x and y terms on the left, constants on the right, so
x + 5y = 0
y - 3 = -2x - 8
take the -3 to the other side ...
y = -2x - 5
3. slope = (-4 - (-4))/-5-1) = 0/-6 = 0
so you have a horizontal line !
look at the y values of your two points, both -4
As a matter of fact, your equation would simply be
y = -4
- Quick math help - athanasia , Monday, March 16, 2015 at 1:35am
My math assignment is already due last sartuday i need help please?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 7th Grade Math - I got a math test coming up on Friday, and i need help on ...
- grade 5 math (please help) - The theater group performed on Friday and Saturday ...
- Biology - I need help with a few questions involving my study guide for my exam...
- English - Hi, I have a english exam coming up on poetry and Hamlet... the first ...
- math :) website - Quick questions. Can you please put a website where I can ...
- English - Writeacher,I need you help to work out the questions to the following ...
- Math - Mrs. Hart, at age 65, can expect to live for 25 years. If she can invest ...
- math! - You have 48 minutes to take an exam of 21 questions. After you finish ...
- CHEMISTRY> HELP QUICK! pls - i have an exam friday and cant figure this ...
- English - Can you please check these sentences for me? Many thanks. 1) At the ...