Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 4:53pm.
My math exam is coming up Friday and I need help!! Can you please guide me throgh the processes on the three questions? Thank you so much greatly apreciate it!!
Write the standard form of the equation of each line given the slipe and y-intercept.
1. Slope= -1/5, y-intercept=0
Write the slope intercept form of the equation of each line.
Write the slope intercept form of the equation of the line thorough the given points.
3. Through: (1,-4) and (-5,-4)
Quick math help - Reiny, Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 6:04pm
Wow, I must say, if you cannot do those questions, then you are certainly not ready for your math exam
1. if the y-intercept is 0, doesn't that mean the line goes through the origin or (0,0) ????
so in y = mx + b form ...
y = (-1/5)x
multiply by 5
5y = -x
standard form has both x and y terms on the left, constants on the right, so
x + 5y = 0
y - 3 = -2x - 8
take the -3 to the other side ...
y = -2x - 5
3. slope = (-4 - (-4))/-5-1) = 0/-6 = 0
so you have a horizontal line !
look at the y values of your two points, both -4
As a matter of fact, your equation would simply be
y = -4
Quick math help - athanasia, Monday, March 16, 2015 at 1:35am
My math assignment is already due last sartuday i need help please?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - I have 2 questions that I need help with if someone could please help me ...
- 7th grade math standard form scientific notation - In standard form: 5. 3.2 x 10...
- Math(Please check answers) - These questions that I have completed are on a ...
- grade 5 math (please help) - The theater group performed on Friday and Saturday ...
- Math - In an isosceles triangle, the perimeter is 8 more than 2 times on of the ...
- conics - The graph of y=x^2 is reflected in the x-axis, then stretched ...
- Math (Please help!!) - Given A(-4,-2), B(44), and C(18,-8, answer the following ...
- Algebra - I know that standard form is Ax+By=C, but I'm not really sure how to ...
- Math - These questions that I have completed are on a test review for my exam ...
- Geometry HOMEWORK HELP ME PLEASE! - Draw the triangle with vertices D(-2,1), U(4...