Posted by Shawna on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 3:42pm.
I have a math question that I do not really understand how to answer is there someone who can walk me through it?
In Pinecrest middle school there are 58 6th graders 76 7th graders, and 38 8th graders. The counsel is made up of 35 students who are chosen to represent all three grades fairly. Write fractions to represent the part of the school population that is in each grade?
Math (7th grade) - Steve, Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 8:16pm
there are 58+76+38=172 students
So, if a bunch is chosen to represent the classes in proportion to their size, then
58/172 of them will be 6th graders, and so on for the other grades.
So, since 35 were chosen,
58/172 * 35 = 11.8 will be 6th graders. So, better make that 12.
Similarly for the other grades. If rounding causes the total to be different from 35, then make suitable adjustments.
By the way, that's "council" not "counsel"
Math (7th grade) - Anonymous, Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 9:45am
The tree planted by kabir is 3 metres high.every month the height of tree increases by 0.1 metre.after how many months will tree be 3.5 metres tall.
Math (7th grade) - logan, Saturday, November 1, 2014 at 2:03pm
Math (7th grade) - alizeh ashfaq, Monday, November 3, 2014 at 12:11pm
l am week in math
please help me
Math (7th grade) - Tom, Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 10:03pm
Tara capture and tags 41 birds . two weeks later , capture 57 birds and finds that 48 are not tagged. estimate the actual number of storks in the bird reserve.
Natural science - Phumelele, Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 6:53am
On monday i am writing investigation i need help
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Ok, the problem says: a Middle school has 125 6th graders, 150 7th ...
- Math - The ratio of 6th graders to 7th graders in the competition is 15 to 8. ...
- math - In polk middle school, 45% of the students are 6th graders, 35% of the ...
- Math - Nicole drew a circle on the chalkboard that had a radius of 15 cm. Which ...
- math - There are 57 students in class of 6th and 7th graders. There are twice as...
- Math - Need help on this question: There are 32 sixth graders and 44 seventh ...
- Stats - Research shows that 14% of 6th graders in K-6 schools have tried ...
- Math - The ratio of 7th and 8th graders in a soccer league is 16:24. If there ...
- math - A team is made up of 6th 7th and 8th graders in the ratio of 234. How ...
- Math - At one afterschool event, of the students were 8th graders and the rest ...