Posted by Brianna on Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 8:10pm.
a rope is cut into three pieces P,Q and R.the lengths of the pieces are in the ratio 3:5:7.if the is 33 feet and 9 inches long,find the lengths of P,Q, and R
math - Reiny, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 9:11pm
let the 3 pieces have length:
3x, 5x, and 7x
3x + 5x + 7x = 33 3/4 inches = 135/4
15x = 135/4
x = 9/4
I will let you finish the rest, just 3 multiplications.
math - lilia, Thursday, October 16, 2014 at 4:48pm
what is the ratio for 33 feet and 9 inches
math - Anonymous, Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 11:19pm
math - 😀, Monday, October 26, 2015 at 7:01pm
Q= 135 inches
math - Anonymous, Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 6:54pm
math - Anonymous, Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 5:28pm
i dot freaking know
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - A board that is 12 feet long must be cut into 2 pieces that have ...
- geometry - For that problem: A board that is 12 feet long must be cut into 2 ...
- geometry - A board that is 19 feet long must be cut into two pieces that have ...
- geometry - for that some problem: A board that is 12 feet long must be cut into ...
- math - There are three pieces of rope with the lengths 15 1/3feet, 20 1/2 feet, ...
- algebra - a piece of wire that is 58cm long is cut into three pieces. the ...
- Math - Tom has three pieces of rope with lengths of 140 cm, 168 cm and 210 cm. ...
- math - a 50 foot length of rope was cut into two pieces. the first piece is 5 ...
- math ASAP - A rope was cut into two pieces in the ratio 7:9 if one was longer by...
- Math - you have a piece of wood that is 144 inches long. you cut it into three ...