#1. "is coming" is the verb (present progressive tense)
#4. "has been" is the verb (present perfect tense)
1. IS is not a linking verb in this sentence. It's a helping verb in the verb phrase.
2. BEAUTIFUL is an adjective and not part of a verb phrase. IS is a linking verb here.
4 and 5. These are both wrong. Can you correct them?
1. Celina is coming to my house after dinner.
action verb = coming
verb phrase = is coming
2. The weather was beautiful this past weekend.
- this is linking verb only (was)?
4. He has been sick all this week.
verb phrase = has been
5. We were not happy about our team's loss.
linking = were
All are correct now. :-)
whew..thanks! I need to review more.
6th grade grammar please help - I need a good grade in grammar so please check ...
3rd Grade Grammar - In the sentence, "Marcy's brother carries bags of junk to ...
English / Grammar - Please check the following sentences and let me know if they...
grammar 7th grade - My daughter has some homework in which she has to identify ...
englis - In 3–5 sentences, write down what you told someone in that conversation...
English - In 3–5 sentences, write down what you told someone in that ...
6th grade grammar - Put brackets [ ] around the adverb in each of the following...
grammar - I am supposed to find the infinitive phrases in sentences, then name ...
6th grade - How could you identify a pure metal if you have a balance?
ELA - Website For Grammar Lessons 6th grade????....