Posted by Jamie on Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 10:35pm.
Sugar comes in 2 pound bags and flour comes in 5 lb bags. Thomas bought 3 more bag of sugar than flour and the total weight was 48 pounds. How many bags of sugar and flour did Thomas buy?
Math - Steve, Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 11:43pm
if there are x bags of flour, then
2(x+3) + 5x = 48
Math - Jamie, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 6:19am
Thanks so much!!
Math - Jessica, Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 8:14pm
Ok, now this is a question I was looking for.
So, I have the answer choices, so I know what to do.
A) 9 bags of sugar and 10 bags of flour.
Sugar is 2 pounds. So 9X2= 18
Flour is 5 pounds, which is 10X5=50
50+18=68 That is not 48 pounds. Moving on.
B) 4 bags of sugar and 8 bags of flour.
We know the drill, so let's go!
Yay! B is correct. There is your answer. Hope this helped!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math 6th Grade Level - A baker bought 680,000 oz. of flour and packed the flour ...
- math - florence bought two bags of flour, A and B. the two bags contained ...
- statistic - A grain mill manufactures 100-pound bags of flour for sale in ...
- math - Students contributed some money to help needy people. They bought twenty ...
- math - Pupils contributed some money to help needy people. They bought twenty ...
- Math - Pupils contributed some money to help needy people. They bought twenty ...
- Algebra - Every sack of sugar has the same weight. Every sack of flour has the ...
- math - A baker needs between 40 pounds and 50 pounds of a flour-sugar mixture ...
- math - a pudding recipe for 50 people calls for 4 cups of sugar. each bag of ...
- Math - A baker used 16 pounds of flour and 12 cups of sugar to make several ...