Posted by Christina on Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 11:43am.
1. Diversity most closely means (1 point)
sharing cultural traits and practices with others.
making up a whole of many different parts.
being a member of a small ethnic group.
having many similar regions next to one another.
2. How does life in Istanbul differ from life in rural Turkey? (1 point)
Istanbul is more modern than rural Turkey.
Women in Istanbul do not work outside
the home, whereas they do work outside
the home in rural Turkey.
Istanbul does not have a mixed economy, and rural Turkey does.
Istanbul is democratic, and rural Turkey is ruled by dictators.
3. Which city is most likely to be a major population center? (1 point)
Yazd, in the desert of central Iran
Kars, located in mountainous eastern Turkey
Mashad, in a valley in northeastern Iran
Galata, in the cool mountain highlands of Cyprus
4. What important resource do qanats move? (1 point)
5. Which of the following is an ancient faith of Iranian origin? (1 point)
6. Which of the following is an example of how art flourished in the region under Persian rule? (1 point)
Large palaces were built and decorated with sculptures and jewels.
Trade was increased greatly in the region.
Taxes were collected in the region.
The Persians built a road system.
7. Turkey became a republic under the rule of (1 point)
Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.
Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
8. What kind of government did followers of Ayatollah Khomeini want? (1 point)
one that preserved Greek culture
one that followed Rumi's ideas
one that preserved the satraps
one that followed Islamic law
9. "Even among the more prosperous classes there was open criticism of the sovereign's person and his political choices. The dictatorship was dead weight on all sections of society, and public opinion saw the Shah as embodying everything that went wrong."
—Fereyduon Hoveyda, The Fall of the Shah, 1980
Which statement best summarizes this excerpt? (1 point)
The Shah was wrongly removed from office by people who thought was a dictator.
The Iranian Revolution happened because the Shah lost all popular support.
Public support for the Shah varied greatly between rich and poor Iranians.
The Shah could regain political power by winning over public opinion again.
10. Who determines the candidates in Iran's elections? (1 point)
the European Union
11. Since the 1980s, Turkey’s economy has grown rapidly because the government (1 point)
increased the farming sector of the economy.
took a more active role in the industries it runs.
removed trade barriers and increased imports and exports.
increased production of low-cost goods.
12. If unification had occurred in 1960, what would have changed in Cyprus? (1 point)
Cyprus would have become part of Greece.
Cyprus would have cut ties to Turkey and Greece.
Greece and Turkey would have divided Cyprus.
Turkey would have taken over all of Cyprus.
13. Which of the following is a reason why Turkey has lagged behind European nations on the economic front? (1 point)
There are no natural resources in Turkey.
There were few trade barriers set up in Turkey.
Agriculture is a large sector of the Turkish economy.
Turkey does not own any factories.
14. Did the PKK mostly help or hurt Kurds in Turkey? (1 point)
helped, because the Kurds gained independence
helped, because it led to conflict with the Turkish government
hurt, because Kurds and Turks died in fighting over independence
hurt, because the Turkish government forced Kurds out of government
15. Which fact would best support the argument for Kurdish independence? (1 point)
Kurdish schools and broadcasts are now permitted in Turkey.
The British included Kurds in Iraq when they formed that nation.
Most Kurds practice Sunni Islam rather than Shia Islam.
Kurds have been violently repressed by outside governments in the past.
16. Which question would best guide student research into the effects of oil in Southwest Asia? (1 point)
How does oil shape social, political, and economic conditions in Southwest Asia?
Which nation in Southwest Asia has the largest oil reserves?
Why do some nations in Southwest Asia have more oil than other nations?
Who discovered that Southwest Asia had valuable oil resources?
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 11:46am
I'll be glad to check your answers.
- Social Studies - kksuderdijq, Monday, November 3, 2014 at 4:33pm
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cheater for online school!
Answer this Question
Social Studies - What is Cultural Diversity and why is Cultural Diversity ...
Social Studies / World Civilizations - In Asiam Islamic religious and cultural ...
cultural diversity - an early learning center that emphasizes "product" over "...
Cultural Diversity - An early learning center that emphasizes"product" over "...
cultural diversity - An early learning center that emphasizes"product" over "...
cultural diversity - An early learning center that emphasize "product" over "...
Criminology - America is experiencing a major issue with immigration. What will ...
cultural diversity - An early learning center that emphasizes "product" over "...
social studies - plzz HELP me with my social studies i need to get this one done...
Social studies check answers ***damon*** - please check these answers 1.A 2.C 1...