Posted by anonymous on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 9:38pm.
shelby wants to paint the walls and ceiling of a rectangular room. (height:2.6cm, width:4.8cm, length:6.8cm)
type of paint size of paint can cost
wall paint 4L $24.95
ceiling paint 4L $32.95
(one litre of paint covers 9.5 m)
a) what is the least amount of paint shelby can buy to paint the room (subtract 5m for the door and windows)
b) how much will the paint cost, including the amount of tax charged in your region?
- math question grade 8!! - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 9:43pm
Please check the room measurements. You seem to have miscopied the problem.
- math question grade 8!! - anonymous, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 11:02pm
no they are right the height = 2.6m width = 4.8m length= 6.8 m
- math question grade 8!! - Reiny, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 11:04pm
Wow, those rooms are pretty small even for a doll-house.
- math question grade 8!! - Steve, Friday, December 6, 2013 at 12:12am
First off, when you check the measurements, at least read what you wrote before. You had them listed as cm, not m!
so, there are 4 walls:
2(4.8)(2.6) + 2(6.8)(2.6) = 60.32 m^2
and the ceiling: (4.8)(6.8) = 32.64
Subtract 5m^2 for the windows (presumably in the walls, not the ceiling; no mention was made of skylights) and we have
walls: 55.32 m^2
ceiling: 32.64 m^2
Since a liter of paint covers 9 m^2 (not 9 m!), that means we have to buy
6L of wall paint
4L of ceiling paint
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry - A gallon of paint costs $20 and covers 465 square feet. Three coats ...
- Math - 1 litre can of paint covers 11m squared. How many cans of paint would you...
- College - A room is 13 ft. It needs to be painted. The ceiling is 8 ft above the...
- physics - A room is 13 ft. It needs to be painted. The ceiling is 8 ft above the...
- Math - How many gallons of paint are necessary to paint the walls of a 15' by 12...
- Math - My original question: How many gallons of paint are necessary to paint ...
- geometry - A room is 11ft by 21ft and it needs painted. The ceiling is 8ft above...
- TO MS SUE - REMEMBER WHEN I POSTED THIS QUESTION. 1 litre can of paint covers ...
- Math - Jayce wants to paint her room Duke Blue.Her room is 12 ft long ,12 ft ...
- Math - If a room is 13 feet long and 12 feet wide. The ceiling is 8 ft high. I ...