Posted by Nina on Friday, November 29, 2013 at 10:59am.
Is this statement correct?
"Helping other people contributes to your being a great leader."
I'm not really sure with the phrase 'to your being'. It sounds incorrect but I'm not really sure. If it's incorrect, how do I rephrase the sentence?
English (grammar) - Writeacher, Friday, November 29, 2013 at 11:01am
It would be better to replace "being" with "becoming." Then it'll read better and make better sense.
English (grammar) - Nina, Friday, November 29, 2013 at 11:05am
Thank you for your reply. :)
By the way, how about if it's in the past (contributes -> contributed)?
Can the phrase still be 'to your becoming'?
English (grammar) - Writeacher, Friday, November 29, 2013 at 11:10am
Yes, it can ... it'll read fine either in past or present.
English (grammar) - Nina, Friday, November 29, 2013 at 11:16am
Thank you very much for your help. :)
English (grammar) - Writeacher, Friday, November 29, 2013 at 11:22am
You're VERY welcome. =)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar - Write "Incorrect" if "good" or "well" is used incorrectly. Write "...
- English - Thank you very much. I just wanted to know if the statement in 2 is ...
- English (grammar) - Hi. I just want to ask if the statement below is ...
- English-Commas,Check - The horse ran down the hill and through the meadow. a. ...
- math help - Use the following table to answer the questions. (Give your answers ...
- english - How do I know when to use lay or lie? Thank you for using the Jiskha ...
- math - The table shows the position of a cyclist. t (seconds) 0 1 2 3 4 5 s (...
- math - Can someone please help me on these I have look at the examples and done ...
- Grammar - Please check my answers, they have a (*) next to the ones I chose. ...
- grammar - The sentences below are based on Virginia Woolf's "The Duchess and the...