Posted by karthi on Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 1:01pm.
Consider the function f(x)= 3
a) Determine any restrictions on x.
b) State the domain and range.
c) State equation(s) for the asymptote(s).
d) Determine any x- and y-intercepts.
e) Sketch a graph of the function.
f) Describe the behaviour of the function as x approaches -5 and 5.
someone please kindly do this for me please. i beg you, please do all these for me please....
- math - Steve, Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 3:57pm
f(x) is not defined when the denominator is zero. So,
(a) x ≠ ±5
(b) domain is all reals except ±5
The denominator is minimum when x=0, so f(x) < -3/25 when -5<x<5
For |x| > 5 f(x) > 0, so the range is
(c) vertical: x=±5
(d) x: none
(e) see wolframalpha.com
(f) x -> +∞ for |x| > 5
x -> -∞ for |x| < 5
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math help please - Consider the function g(x)=x/x-7. a) Determine an equation ...
- PreCalculus - State the Vertical Asymptote, Horizontal Asymptote, domain, range...
- calcius - Determine whether the relation represents a function. If it is a ...
- Maths - Given the equation y=2x-4 of an exponential function f 1)write down the ...
- Math - For the set of ordered pairs, state the domain, range, and determine ...
- Math - An exponential function with a base of 3 has been vertically stretched by...
- algebra - 1 (a) A function passes through the points (0, -5), (1, 0), (2, 7). ...
- MATH Graphing Domain - Consider the linear function with equation y = 3x + 5. ...
- Functions, domain,range etc - Determine the domain,range and horizontal ...
- Math - Determine whether the function is periodic. State the period, the domain ...