Posted by Amanda on Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 2:01pm.
Suppose a baseball player had 211 hits in a season. In the given probability distribution, the random variable X represents the number of hits the player obtained in the game.
a.) Compute and interpret the mean of the random variable X
b.) Compute the standard deviation of the random variable X.
Math - Sarah, Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 3:03pm
To calculate the mean we add up all of the numbers and divide by the total number amount for e.g. you have 5 numbers here. Add them up and divide by 5
b) The standard deviation is that complicating equation. You can check this on google to get the exact formula and i think if you type in standard deviation calculator you can plug in the numbers on the website and check this with your answer
Math - Kuai, Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 3:08pm
µ= x * p(x)
= 0(0.11879) + 1( 0.4106) + 2(0.2157) + 3(0.1174) + 4 (0.0624) + 5(0.0060) = ?
σ^2 = x^2 * p(x)
= 0^2(0.11879) + 1^2(0.4106) + 2^2(0.2157) + 3^2(0.1174) + 4^2(0.0624) + 5^2(0.0060) = ?
sd = sqrt( σ^2- (µ^2))
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - A baseball player's batting average is the number of hits the player ...
- math - the regular season for professinal baseball is 162 games.a player was bat...
- math - Two minor league baseball players got a total of 252 hits in the season...
- statistics - Suppose a basketball player, Player A made 80% of her free throws ...
- Statistics - Suppose a basketball player, Player A, made 80% of her free throw ...
- Math - A baseball player's batting average is the number of hits the player has ...
- algebra - two minor league baseball players got a total of 292 hits. Washington ...
- math - A baseball player's batting average is calculated by dividing the number ...
- Math (check my work please?) - A baseball player has 34 hits in 102 times at bat...
- math - the professinal base ball is 162 games.a player was at bat 3 times in ...