Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, November 24, 2013 at 10:17pm.
Suppose some natural disaster occurs and a species of finch is forced to relocate from its original island where it dined on cactus flowers to an adjacent island with many fewer cacti but an overabundance of orchids. What would be the immediate consequences to the species in the first month of the change?
A. the species would change its eating habits to feed on orchids.
B. all of the members of the species would make do with the existing cacti on their new island.
C. the entire species would go extinct.
D. most of the members of the species would die but some would survive.
Study the image of the fossil shown below. How might a scientist use this fossil to learn more about the history of life on Earth?
connexus dot com/content/media/917517-4162013-72829-PM-1012149111.jpg
A. to compare structures in the fossil with homologous structures in other vertebrates.
B. to look for vestigial structures in the fossil and compare them with functioning structures in living organisms.
C. to examine the fossil for evidence of the stages of embryological development of the animal to compare to development of living animals.
D. to determine the mineral content of the fossil and compare it with that of other fossils.
My answers: D, A
- Science-I don't know - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 24, 2013 at 10:21pm
Try this forum.
- Science-Ms.Sue - ok, Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 7:24pm
- Science-Ms.Sue - Uh Lol Hi Ya, Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 2:40pm
Hello answer please not links!
- Science-Ms.Sue - Geislyn, Monday, May 18, 2015 at 8:56pm
need help with that question too
- Science-Ms.Sue - Hadden, Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 4:46pm
does anyone have all the awnsers i need them asap
- Science-Ms.Sue - Music Lover 14, Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 11:25am
It's D because Charles Darwin had a theory while studying them on the Galapagos Island that even though lived in the same places, their beaks were fully different from each other because the beaks were acquired for the food their were eating. If this happened, then in the first month many of the finches wouldn't adjust and die but few will adjust and have offspring that will have beaks specially for that too.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - Suppose some natural disaster occurs and a species of finch is forced...
- science - suppose some natural disaster occurs and a species of finch is forced ...
- Science - uppose some natural disaster occurs and a species of finch is forced ...
- biology - suppose some natral disaster occured and a speices of finch is forced ...
- science!! please help me!! - 1)When evolution was first proposed, which of the ...
- SCIENCE!! PLEASE HELP!!! CHECK ANSWERS PLZ - 1)When evolution was first proposed...
- Science - Sorry Ms Sue I forgot to separate them A species of flowering plant ...
- science (biology) - Suppose that you are starting a long-term study of a ...
- Biolagy - Island area initial extinction #species ...
- Science - Can you please help me answer just a couple questions A species of ...