Posted by Britney on Friday, November 22, 2013 at 12:19pm.
Hello, can someone please check my answers? :)
1. How would you describe to others a person with ambition? (1 point)
someone who withdraws from his family
someone who strives for success***
someone who buys anything he wants
someone who moves frequently
2. The lines “Barely old enough to bleed / and already bruised!” give an example of (1 point)
3. Read the following lines from “Fable for When There’s No Way Out”:
“Despair tempts him / to just go limp.”
What is the best interpretation of these lines? (1 point)
The chick is angry at how difficult it is to break free from his shell.***
The chick is so tired he is tempted to rest for just a little while.
The struggle to break free from the shell is exhausting, but the chick must go on.
The struggle to live seems so hopeless that the chick considers giving up.
4. Read the following sentence:
They want thirty dollars for that old book
How would you punctuate this to make it an interrogative sentence? (1 point)
They want thirty dollars for that old book!
They want thirty dollars for that old book?****
They want thirty dollars for that old book.
- Language Arts - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 22, 2013 at 12:23pm
1 and 2 are right. 3 and 4 are wrong.
- Language Arts - Britney, Friday, November 22, 2013 at 12:33pm
Okay, I went back and did some reading and i think its C- The struggle to break free from the shell is exhausting, but the chick must go on.
and As for number 4, how is that wrong? a interrogative sentence asks a question.
- Language Arts - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 22, 2013 at 12:47pm
Yes, you're right on both of those.
I'm sorry; I was wrong about 4. I didn't read directions.
- Language Arts - Britney, Friday, November 22, 2013 at 12:54pm
Thank you so much! :)
- Language Arts - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 22, 2013 at 1:13pm
You're very welcome.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra Can someone who is serious respond - Can someone check my answer please...
- Language Arts - According to the word history, salute comes from a greeting that...
- English - How would you describe someone who keeps blaming someone or something ...
- Math, Can someone check my answers? - Can someone please check my answers? Tell ...
- early childhood language arts - 1. Early childhood program transitions: A. Are ...
- communications - This is homework for communications class, and I'm not sure ...
- Language arts 1 question please - edgar allen poe uses a pair of rhyming words ...
- English - "I thought myself pretty smart at many things, like holding my breath...
- adult education - I need help with someone to go over my eassy with me can ...
- English (ms.sue) - How would I describe a someone who is bullying someone ...