Posted by matt on Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 9:50am.
please help someone explain this please!!
The length of a marathon is 138,435 ft.each stride,or step,by a particular runner is 3 ft long.does the number of strides the runner takes fit evenly into the length of the race?(EXPLAIN ANSWER PLEASE)
IS 38/53 in simplest form?explain to me why or why not???(oh and i think it is in simplest form)
- math(help) - Reiny, Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 11:04am
Why didn't they just ask, " Is 138435 evenly divisible by 3 ? "
yes it is.
is 38/53 in lowest terms?
yes it is, since no whole number divides into both 38 and 53
here is a little-known trick:
find a key a b/c on your calculator
you will get back 38⌜53 , which represents the fraction 38/53
now try it for 120/280
and it will reduce it to lowest terms 3⌜7 or 3/7
- math(help) - Ms. Sue, Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 11:08am
138,435/3 = ?
38/53 is in its simplest form because the denominator is a prime number.
- clarification - math(help) - Reiny, Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 11:13am
Just because one of the numbers is a prime, does not mean the fraction is in lowest terms.
e.g. 13/26 = 1/2
21/7 = 3
the numerator and denominator have to be "relatively prime", that is, no whole number exists that divides into both of them
- math(help) - pankakes, Friday, October 30, 2015 at 2:03pm
mrs.sue ya suck with ya links they help no one sooo............ btw i did this first divide 138,435 and 3 and u will get 46,145 and then explain step by step what u did to get that answer
- math(help) - donuts, Monday, November 21, 2016 at 11:13am
if you divide 138,435 / 3= 46,145 so pankakes is write about the division part! and i'm doing a unit test with this question and i answered it like that and added another part (in the next sentence). If you take 46,145 and add it with itself you will not get 138,435 instead your gonna end up with 92,290 so i don't think that it is fitting evenly with there strides. (I'M STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER TO SEE WHAT MY GRADE IS SO I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS WRITE OR NOT)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math help ? confused - The length of the Boston Marathon is 138,435 ft. Each ...
- math - the length is 139,435ft a runner's step is 3ft does the number of steps ...
- Math - Runner A crosses the starting line of a marathon and runs at an average ...
- math - A runner has a stride length of 5 feet for the first half of the race and...
- Chemistry - A runner's average stride length is 41 inches. She takes 28 strides ...
- physics please help - A marathon is and long. Estimate how many strides would be...
- biology - explain why a 100m runner has a bigger oxygen depth than a marathon ...
- Physics - It takes a runner 3 h, 28 min, 33 s to run a marathon. If the distance...
- physics - It takes a runner 4 h, 58 min, 36 s to run a marathon. If the distance...
- stats - 4. One measure of form for a runner is stride rate, defined as the ...