Posted by matt on Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 9:50am.
please help someone explain this please!!
The length of a marathon is 138,435 ft.each stride,or step,by a particular runner is 3 ft long.does the number of strides the runner takes fit evenly into the length of the race?(EXPLAIN ANSWER PLEASE)
IS 38/53 in simplest form?explain to me why or why not???(oh and i think it is in simplest form)
- math(help) - Reiny, Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 11:04am
Why didn't they just ask, " Is 138435 evenly divisible by 3 ? "
yes it is.
is 38/53 in lowest terms?
yes it is, since no whole number divides into both 38 and 53
here is a little-known trick:
find a key a b/c on your calculator
you will get back 38⌜53 , which represents the fraction 38/53
now try it for 120/280
and it will reduce it to lowest terms 3⌜7 or 3/7
- math(help) - Ms. Sue, Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 11:08am
138,435/3 = ?
38/53 is in its simplest form because the denominator is a prime number.
- clarification - math(help) - Reiny, Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 11:13am
Just because one of the numbers is a prime, does not mean the fraction is in lowest terms.
e.g. 13/26 = 1/2
21/7 = 3
the numerator and denominator have to be "relatively prime", that is, no whole number exists that divides into both of them
- math(help) - pankakes, Friday, October 30, 2015 at 2:03pm
mrs.sue ya suck with ya links they help no one sooo............ btw i did this first divide 138,435 and 3 and u will get 46,145 and then explain step by step what u did to get that answer
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math help ? confused - The length of the Boston Marathon is 138,435 ft. Each ...
- math - the length is 139,435ft a runner's step is 3ft does the number of steps ...
- Math - Runner A crosses the starting line of a marathon and runs at an average ...
- math - A runner has a stride length of 5 feet for the first half of the race and...
- Chemistry - A runner's average stride length is 41 inches. She takes 28 strides ...
- physics please help - A marathon is and long. Estimate how many strides would be...
- Physics - It takes a runner 3 h, 28 min, 33 s to run a marathon. If the distance...
- physics - It takes a runner 4 h, 58 min, 36 s to run a marathon. If the distance...
- stats - 4. One measure of form for a runner is stride rate, defined as the ...
- biology - expain why a 100m runner has a bigger oxygen depth than a marathon ...