Posted by Aaron on Monday, November 18, 2013 at 11:30pm.
1) The hypotenuse of an isosceles right triangle is 8 cm longer than either of its legs. Note that an isosceles right triangle is a right triangle whose legs are the same length. Find the exact length of its legs and its hypotenuse.
2) The length of a rectangle is 9 m longer than its width and the area of the rectangle is 280 m2. Find the exact dimensions of the rectangle.
3) The first leg of a right triangle is 3 cm longer than its second leg. If the hypotenuse has a length of 8 cm, find the exact lengths of the two legs
- Math - Steve, Tuesday, November 19, 2013 at 12:09am
if the legs are x and the hypotenuse is h, then
h^2 = x^2+x^2
(x+8)^2 = 2x^2
x^2+16x+64 = 2x^2
x^2 - 16x - 64 = 0
Now just use the quadratic formula
If the width is w, then
w(w+9) = 280
If the shorter leg is x, then
x^2 + (x+3)^2 = 8^2
- sdssu math3 - jonathan, Friday, September 11, 2015 at 2:37am
- Math - Galibiller, Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 10:13am
The drummer final position was 4.5
- Math - Dipper pines, Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 1:04pm
I got 2/8. U need to show it better.😣
- Math - Star, Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 1:24pm
What are the answers?
I need them desperately!!!
- Math - Kaiipapa, Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 2:51pm
Im 100% right :)
BTW for question 8 I'll give you the answer for it...
1.C 15 cm
2.D 12. cm
6.A (-8, -10)
8. A: (x,y) ----> (x + 1, y + 3)
B: (-2, -5) ---> (-2 + 1, -5 + 3) = (-1, -2)
100% right... you are welcome that I even gave you the answers lol. anyways 100% right :)no lie
- Math - Ally, Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 7:32pm
thx Kaiipapa 100% right
- Math - Kaiipapa, Monday, October 31, 2016 at 2:15pm
Your welcome anytime
- Math - Katie pickle , Sunday, November 6, 2016 at 12:11am
Yea thanks I pass it thank you so much
- Math - jytfjnv, Monday, November 7, 2016 at 5:48pm
- Math - Endless_Actor , Tuesday, November 8, 2016 at 2:17pm
- Math - NotDog, Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 6:29pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math (Geometry) - The perimeter of right triangle ABC is equal to the perimeter ...
- geometry - The perimeter of right triangle RST is equal to the perimeter of ...
- algebra - Find the length of the hypotenuse of an isosceles right triangle whose...
- Math - If the hypotenuse of a right triangle is 13 and one of its legs is 5, ...
- Math - Can someone please check to see if I answered these true and false ...
- math right triangle - the hypotenuse of a right triangle is 1 inch longer than ...
- Math - If all of the following triangles have the same perimeter, which has the ...
- Math-CHECK PLEASE - Which of the statements is ALWAYS TRUE? A-A right triangle ...
- Math - Decide whether each statement is always true, sometimes true, or never ...
- help with math - Which would represent proof of the Pythagorean Theorem? A. ...