Posted by Anonymous on Monday, November 18, 2013 at 9:44pm.
"Cameron and Tony walked up to the counter at the convenient store. "What are you getting?" asked tony. "Nothing I'm out of cash," replied Cameron. "Didn't you have a bunch of money last week?" asked Tony. "Yeah, but I spent it on cigarettes." "Man, that just doesn't seem worth it. If you have a finite income, you should save it for the stereo system you wanted." "I know. Cigarettes keep getting more and more expensive, but I've been smoking for years. I can't stop," said Cameron. "It's not like quitting is impossible," replied Tony."
1. Write a paragraph discussing things that Cameron could do to make quitting easier. What could Tony do to help his friend quit smoking?
A: Cameron could set a quitting date, mark his progress, become involved in other activities, and reward himself to make quitting easier. Tony could contribute to this by encouraging his friend to seek support from support groups?
2. One reason that tobacco products are so expensive is that the U.S. government charges taxes that consumers must pay when they but tobacco. Why do you think the government keeps raising these taxes?
- Health (Ms. Sue) - Ms. Sue, Monday, November 18, 2013 at 9:50pm
1. Two sentences don't make a paragraph. Some of these articles will give you information to add to your paragraph.
2. What do you think?
- Health (Ms. Sue) - Anonymous, Monday, November 18, 2013 at 10:15pm
1. A: Cameron could set a quitting date, mark his progress, become involved in other activities, and reward himself to make quitting easier. He could use nicotine replacement therapy, a form of medicine that delivers a small amount of nicotine to the body to help a person quit smoking. He could also use other methods of quitting smoking such as withdrawal. Tony could contribute to this by encouraging his friend to seek support from support groups?
2. I believe that the government continues to raise these taxes because more tobacco products are being sold?
- Health (Ms. Sue) - Ms. Sue, Monday, November 18, 2013 at 10:19pm
Your paragraph is much better.
Your second answer makes no sense.
- Health (Ms. Sue) - Anonymous, Monday, November 18, 2013 at 10:29pm
I honestly do not know of what the answer to the second question is. I was merely trying to guess.
- Health (Ms. Sue) - Anonymous, Monday, November 18, 2013 at 10:40pm
- Health (Ms. Sue) - Ms. Sue, Monday, November 18, 2013 at 10:57pm
One word for the tax on cigarettes is sin tax. Few people will argue that excessive taxes on liquor and tobacco are unfair. Most citizens are glad that someone else pays a large share of taxes. In addition, some people in government hope that high taxes will discourage smoking.
- Health (Ms. Sue) - cmastan, Thursday, September 24, 2015 at 4:27pm
booboo you are worthless
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 9. Four Seasons in One Day? READ AND LEARN Tony : Hello, may I speak ...
- 6TH GRADE MATH - Tony and Alice are trying to reduce the amount of television ...
- Science Help! - Tony's teacher gave him an unknown substance to identify based ...
- Science for connections academy HELP! - Tony's teacher gave him an unknown ...
- math - Tony stark and captain america won the basketball game 40 to 20. Tony ...
- math - Tony has 4 quarters, 5 dimes, and 8 nickels in his pocket. He takes out 2...
- Biology - Kim who is heterozygus for polydactyl (6 fingers and toes) marries ...
- math - A box contains 300 colored paper clips. Tony pulled 25 paper clips out at...
- math(please help) - tony borrowed some money from Joe. he spent $5.50 of it on ...
- math - tony walked 3.5 miles in 7/8 of an hour. at this rate, how many miles can...