Posted by B8 on Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 10:40pm.
What is the best sequence of names to identify this set of numbers?
(1 3/5,-10, 0.51(the one is repeating), TT,17)
2. (rational,irrational,rational, irrational, whole)
4. (real,integer, irrational,irrational,natural)
Off the bat I got rid of choices 2 and 3.
I picked choice#1 since a rational number is more specific and a real number can be rational or irrational.
Is this correct?
If I am not correct is there a website to hook me up with to explain the responses
- math- please help - Steve, Monday, November 18, 2013 at 12:06am
0.51111... is rational, as are all numbers with repeating decimal places. Its value is 0.5 + 1/90 = 23/45
so, the most specific ordering is
Looks to me like #3 is closest, since rational and irrational are mutually exclusive, and #1,2,4 all have "irrational" in a spot where the value is rational.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - What is the best sequence of names to identify this set of numbers? (1 3/...
- Math - Name ALL sets of numbers to which each number belongs Real Rational ...
- math - 1. Which of the following numbers is an example of an integer? a. -15 b. ...
- Math - What are irrational, rational, and natural numbers? A rational number is ...
- Math(dispute to previous question) - 2)Name the sets of numbers to which 457 ...
- Algebra 1 - Which statement about real numbers is true? Across the heading says...
- Math - Are there more rational or irrational numbers? I am thinking irrational, ...
- MAth - Real, Rational, Irrational, Integer, Whole, Natural 4 1/8 Rational Real
- 7th grade math Ms.Sue please - 1. Which of these numbers can be classified as ...
- math - Which statement is true? A. All irrational numbers are also rational ...