Posted by kelsey on Thursday, November 14, 2013 at 11:07am.
1.write the fraction 5/6 as a percent. Round to the nearest hundredth of a percent where necessary.
2. Chris and five of his friends go out to dinner. The total bill comes to $124.29. they decide to leave a 20% tip. Each person will contribute an equal amount to the tip. Estimate what each person should contribute.
3. 39 is what percent of 156?
4.According to the scores on the last math test,80%, or 20, of the students in the class received an A. find the number of students in the entire class.
x/20=80/100; 16 students
x/20=80/100; 65 students
5.The sales tax rate 6.3%.
a. find the tax paid for a pair of earrings with a list price of $77
b. what is the total cost of the pair of earrings?
6.Write the percent 96.55% as a decimal.
7. George is a salesperson in a jewelry store and earns $100 per week, plus 10% of his weekly sales. If George makes $425 in one week , what are his sales for that week?
8.Last year, a poll of 1,000 voters conducted by the staff of Senator Chun found that 522 people approved of the job the senator was doing. This year, a new poll of 1,000 voters shows that 423 people approve of the senator’s performance. Find the percent of change in the number of voters who approve of the senator’s performance, and identify it as an increase or decrease.
• 19%; increase
• 23.4%; decrease
• 23.4%; increase
• 19%; decrease
9.The owner of a computer store received a shipment of computers at cost of $319.85 each. If he sells the computes for $412.99 each, what is the percent of markup? Round to the nearest whole percent.
10.in store A, a book that regularly sells for $24.99 is on sale 15% off. IN store B the same book regularly sells for $27.99 and id on sale at 25% off. Which store sells the book for the lower sale price?
Store A; store A's sale price is $18.74, and store B's sale price is $23.79.
Store A; store A's sale price is $18.74, and store B's sale price is $20.99.
store B; store A's sale price is $21.24 and store B's sale price is $20.99
store B; store A's sale price is $21.24 and store B's sale price is $23.79
11. Find the final balance in an account with $820 invested at 4% annual simple interest for three years.
12. Note: For questions 12 and 13, remember to show all of the steps that you use to solve the problem. You can use the comments field to explain your work. Your teacher will review each step of your response to ensure you receive proper credit for your answer.
Tom buys a shirt for $22.00 plus 7% sales tax. His cousin buys a shirt for $18.00 plus 4% sales tax.
a. How much do Tom and his cousin pay for the shirts? Show your work.
b. Who spent more on tax?
13.In 2000, the circulation of a local newspaper was 3,250. In 2001, its circulation was 3,640. In 2002, the circulation was 4,100.
a. Find the percent of increase in the newspaper’s circulation from 2000 to 2001 and from 2001 to 2002.
b. Which period had a higher percent of increase, 2000 to 2001, or 2001 to 2002?
Answer this Question
math - 1) Write the fraction 5/9 as a percent.Round to the nearest hundredth of ...
Check my answer? - Write the fraction 8/9 as a percent. Round to the nearest ...
math plz help - write the fraction 5/6 as a percent.rounded to the nearest ...
7th grade math Ms. Sue please - 1. Write the fraction eight-ninths as a percent...
Math - Supply the missing numbers. Round any decimal to the nearest thousandth ...
math fraction to percent - can you check these? i need to write each fraction or...
Math - With the stars (*) next 2 the #'s are my answers! ! ! 1) Find the percent...
MATH - Find the interest earned by an account with $1,200 of simple interest of ...
Math help, anyone? - Solve the proportion. Where necessary, round to the nearest...
college math - Math homework please help!! 2. Suppose that people’s weights are ...