Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, November 14, 2013 at 6:19am.
Consider a PV module with the following parameters as measured at STC (Standard Testing Conditions):
Voc = 55 V;
Isc = 5 A;
Impp = 4.7 A;
Fill Factor = FF = 75% ;
Efficiency = 19.75%.
Suppose that under normal operation at STC conditions, the module is not connected to an MPPT device, and is instead directly connected to a purely resistive, variable load 'R'. The load R can be tuned to give a resistance between 0 to 1kΩ.
What value of resistance will you keep the load at, if you wish to derive maximum power from the PV module under STC conditions?
1)R = 9.34Ω.
2)R = 11Ω.
3)R = 11.71Ω.
4)R = 5Ω.
5)Irrespective of the value R takes, the module can never be made to deliver maximum power under STC.
Solar Energy - Ratan, Tuesday, November 19, 2013 at 5:09am
2 and 4 are not right answers :(
Solar Energy - Ratan, Tuesday, November 19, 2013 at 5:10am
pardon, its 3 and 4 that are incorrect.
Solar Energy - UNO, Friday, November 22, 2013 at 12:35am
Please Rata can you correct the answer?
Solar Energy - oniX, Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 4:31am
Solar Energy - Gwava, Thursday, November 28, 2013 at 4:21am
Are you sure oniX?
Ratan said 3 is wrong.
Solar Energy - Anon, Thursday, November 28, 2013 at 4:02pm
it is wrong! I'm sure!
Solar Energy - Ratan, Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 5:09pm
2, 3 and 4 are wrong... answer is 1st or the last option. try your luck.
Solar Energy - Anonymous, Friday, November 21, 2014 at 2:11pm
5th is also wrong
Solar Energy - Sagar, Sunday, November 30, 2014 at 4:23am
1) R=9.34 is right answer...
Solar Energy - MANIRAGUHA Eric, Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 9:34am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Solar Energy Please Help - Consider a PV module with the following parameters as...
- Solar energy - Consider a crystalline PV module with the following output ...
- Solar Energy - Consider a crystalline PV module with the following output ...
- ET3034TUx Solar Energy - Consider a crystalline PV module with the following ...
- Solar Energy Help ASAP - A solar cell with dimensions 12cm x 12cm is illuminated...
- Delft Solar Cell - Consider a crystalline PV module with the following output ...
- Physics - A solar cell with dimensions 12cm x 12cm is illuminated at standard ...
- Solar Energy Please Help - A given solar cell has the following specifications: ...
- science physics solar - A given monocrystalline silicon solar cell has the ...
- AQ4.1.1 MICROMORPH MODULE - Consider a small module based on interconnected ...