Posted by Cam on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 4:32pm.
A random sample of 50 students chosen from an elementary school with 400 students was found to have a mean allowance of $26 per week with a standard deviation of $8. Obtain a 98% confidence interval for the total amount of allowance money given to students in this school per week.
- Statistics - Kuai, Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 4:48pm
26-2.33*8/sqrt((50)), 26+ 2.33*8/sqrt((50)),
= ( , ) ?
- Statistics - Cam, Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 5:40pm
That's what I originally did but it's not one of the correct answers
- Statistics - Kuai , Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 6:02pm
[ 23.37, 28.63]
- Statistics - Cam, Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 6:13pm
$9,531 to $11,269
$9,347 to $11,453
$10,028 to $10,772
$9,414 to $11,386
Are my multiple choice
- Statistics - Kuai , Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 7:13pm
mean 26(400) = $10400
Standard deviation = 8(400) = 3200
- Statistics - Cam, Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 9:49pm
Thank you so much !
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Statistics - 28. A group of statistics students decided to conduct a survey at ...
- Statistics - 3. The average weekly allowance of students last year at a private ...
- statistics - A random sample of 100 students from a high school was selected. If...
- statistics - Professor Smith conducted a class exercise in which students ran a ...
- AP Statistics - A school psychologist reports that the mean number of hours the ...
- Stats - I am working on a review sheet and got everything except for this one. I...
- statistics - To determine how many hours per week freshmen college students ...
- statistics - The Office of Student Services at a large western state university ...
- Statistics - A student group claims that first-year students at a university ...
- statistics - A sample of 400 high school students showed that they spend an ...