Posted by Jerald on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 8:54pm.
Mark and Sandy are participating in a Bike-a-Thon for charity. Mark oversleeps, so Sandy gets a one hour head start and bikes at a speed of 12 miles per hour. To catch up to Sandy, Mark decides that he needs to bike at a speed of 15 miles per hour.
1. Make a chart that shows how far Mark and SAndy ride their bikes during the first three hours of the Bike a thon
Hour 1: Mark 15mph Sandy 12mph
Hour 2: Mark 30mph Sandy 24mph
Hour 3: Mark 45mph Sandy 36mph
- Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 8:59pm
You missed the fact that Sandy had a one hour head start.
At the end of:
Hour 1: Sandy -- 12 m; Mark 0
Hour 2: Sandy -- 24 m; Mark 15
Hour 3: Sandy -- 26 m; Mark 30
- Math - Jerald, Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 9:03pm
2. WRite an expression that represents Sandy's journey. Be sure to define your variables
12t + 12
- Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 9:09pm
- Math - Jerald, Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 9:16pm
But didn't she have a one hour head start so she would have had an extra 12 m?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 9:28pm
You just need an expression that represents her journey. It doesn't make any difference what time she started.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Mark and Sandy are participating in a Bike-a-Thon for charity. Mark ...
- Math - Describe in words, a situation involving this equation that could be ...
- Math - Sandy can jog 3 2/5 in 5/6 hour. Find her average speed in miles per hour...
- math - Mark averaged 60 miles per hour during the 30-mile trip to college. ...
- maths - A motorist travels 120 miles to his destionation at an average speed of ...
- Math - It took sandy two hours to jog 13 miles.she ran 7/12 miles in the first ...
- Trigonometry- Help! - After one hour in flight, an airplane is located 200 miles...
- Algebra - Itís the end of the semester, and sisters Sarah and Chelsea are eager ...
- Algbra - Itís the end of the semester, and sisters Sarah and Chelsea are eager ...
- math - A cyclist bikes x distance at 10 miles per hour and returns over the same...