Posted by hannah on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 6:52pm.
1.The remains of an old campﬁre are unearthed and it is found that there is only 80% as much radioactive carbon-14 in the charcoal samples from the campﬁre as there is in modern living trees. If the half-life of carbon- 14 is 5730 years, how long ago did the campﬁre burn?
math - Kuai, Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 12:36am
Po = Poe^kt
1/2 = e^5730k
Ln(1/2) = Lne^5730k
Ln(1/2) = 5730k
K = ln(1/2)/5730
.80P0 = Poe^ln(1/2)/5730 *t
.8 = e^ln(1/5)/5730 t
ln(.8) = ln(.5)/5730t lne
ln(.8) = ln(.5)/ 5730 t
t = 5730ln(.8)/ln(.5)
math - Chris, Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 11:44pm
math - ساره, Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 8:28am
found in an Egyptian pyramid contains 75% of its original carbon_14 which has about 5730 years as half-life.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - A sample of charcoal is found to have only 1/8th of Carbon-14. Half-...
- Science - Choose the explanation that does the following: (1) identifies the ...
- chemistry - Radioactive waste is difficult to dispose of due to the long time ...
- Chemistry - The half-life for radioactive decay of 14C is 5730 years (it emits...
- Calc II - Carbon-14 has a half-life of 5700 years. The charcoal from a tree ...
- physics - A cylindrical ﬁshing reel has a mass of 0.899 kg and a radius ...
- ChemB - measurements of carbon 14 taken from linen wrappings of the book of ...
- math - only 5% of the carbon-14 in a small wooden bowl remains , how old is the ...
- MATH - A track meet awards 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, ...
- College Algebra - Carbon-14 Dating. Only 10% of the carbon-14 in a samll wooden ...