Posted by Kelley on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 6:32pm.
What is the predicate word in this sentence
Peanut butter is rich in protein?
Rich or protein?
English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 6:36pm
The simple predicate is always the verb.
The verb in this sentence is IS.
The complete predicate is IS RICH IN PROTEIN.
English - Kelley, Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 6:39pm
The directions ask for the predicate word?
English - Writeacher, Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 6:41pm
Please re-read Ms Sue's first and second sentences ... several times if you have to.
English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 6:41pm
The only answer can be IS.
English - Kelley, Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 6:43pm
We are to underline the verb and identify the predicate noun or adjective?
English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 6:45pm
Ahh -- that makes a big difference!
Since "in protein" is a prepositional phrase, the predicate noun or adjective cannot be protein.
What do you think the predicate adjective is?
English - Kelley, Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 6:47pm
What about ninety percent of its ingredients are crushed peanuts.
Crushed or peanuts and why?
English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 6:48pm
Peanuts tells what most of the ingredients are. Crushed is an adjective modifying this predicate noun.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - The total Calories for 2 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter that ...
- English - 1. He must have been rich. 2. I am sure he was rich. 3. I am sure that...
- math - Peanut butter cookies. 1 3/8 cup of butter and 5/8 cup of peanut butter. ...
- Math - Soybean meal is 18% protein, cornmeal is 9% protein. how many pounds of ...
- Biochemistry - Can someone help me calculate protein concentration using the ...
- English - 1. It is getting hotter. 2. He grew taller. 3. The leaves turned brown...
- Science - The role of protein in hormone/enzyme functions? How protein assists ...
- chemistry help - How do forces determine the shape of a protein? A. The covalent...
- Biology - For each of the following characteristics, will the migration of the ...
- Biology - 3) For each of the following characteristics, will the migration of ...