Posted by Cassie on Monday, November 11, 2013 at 6:44pm.
Identify the word or phrase that should be in italics.
1.) Riding the Orient Express toward Istanbul, Tom read the novels of Mark Twain.
A.) Orient Express
C.) Mark Twain
2.) He felt like a character in a Steven Spielberg movie as he listened to a Strauss waltz while eating spaghetti in the dining car.
A.) Steven Spielberg
B.) Strauss waltz
I think 1 is D and 2 is B...?
- English - Ms. Sue, Monday, November 11, 2013 at 6:53pm
I disagree with both of your answers.
- English - Cassie, Monday, November 11, 2013 at 6:56pm
Then I would say 1 is A and 2 is D but I am not sure. These were my other answers. I am not to good at English class.
- English - Ms. Sue, Monday, November 11, 2013 at 7:05pm
I agree with both of your answers, now. Cassie, you're doing fine. Most of your answers are perfect!
- English - Cassie, Monday, November 11, 2013 at 7:19pm
Ok thanks again Ms. Sue!
- English - Cassie, Monday, November 11, 2013 at 7:20pm
I am going to post a few more to check and if you would check them that would be great.
- English - Ms. Sue, Monday, November 11, 2013 at 7:27pm
Here's a little secret. I wasn't sure about the Orient Express because the few online references I saw did not use italics for it. But when the grammar website used it as an example, I was convinced. <g>
- English - Cassie, Monday, November 11, 2013 at 7:36pm
Ok Thank you. I posted a couple more to check if you could.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- grammar - The heroes of the The Three Kingdoms can best be described as ...
- english murder on the orient express - in Murder on the Orient Express did Mr. ...
- English - why did Mark Twain use humor in the book TOm Sawyer?
- geography - How does life in Istanbul differ from life in rural Turkey? A) ...
- history - the american dream rising from "rags to riches" was reflected in a. ...
- English - i have to draw comic strips of book- the adventures of Tom Sawyer by ...
- ELA (QUICK QUESTION) - The Adventures of Tom Sawyer By Mark Twain chapter ...
- English - 1. How did the book Tom Sawyer relevant to Mark Twain's real life? 2. ...
- english - what was the writing style of mark twain
- english - what does mark twain think about slvery?