Posted by ENGINE on Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 10:52pm.
What is the equation of the line that has a y-intercept of 5 and is parallel to the line represented by the equation below?
2x - y = 16
A. y = 2x + 5
B. y = -2x + 5
C. y = 1/2x - 5
D. y = -1/2x - 5
I guessed B for this one, but another choice of mine was A. I'm not sure which one to pick.
Algebra - Steve, Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 11:36pm
However, the answer is (A)
Algebra - ENGINE, Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 11:37pm
Thank you, Steve
Algebra - Damon, Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 11:52pm
y = 2 x - 16 is original so slope = 2
y = 2 x + b
when x = 0, y = 5
y = 2 x + 5 which is A
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - Which choice is the equation of a line that has a y-intercept of 7 ...
- Math/ Algebra - Find the slope-intercept equation of the line that satisfies the...
- Algebra 1 - 23.what is the slope of a line parallel to a line represented by the...
- ALgebra 1 - 4. Write the equation of a line whose slope is 6 and whose y ...
- Algebra 1 - Write an equation in slope-intercept form for a line that passes ...
- Algebra - 'L' has y-intercept (0,-3) and is parallel to the line with equation y...
- Algebra - graph the equation x-3=y (where do I plot the points?) find the ...
- Algebra - i am having problems understanding.... i don't know how to put it so i...
- MATH ,CORRECTION - DIRECTIONS ARE. WRITE THE EQUATION OF THE LINE L satisfying ...
- Algebra 1 - Algebra 1 help please :( Use the point-slope from linear equation ...