Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 10:14pm.
What is the magnitude of the net electrostatic force a Boron nucleus would experience at the point halfway between the Magnesium nucleus and the 3e charge on the y axis in N?
physics - Anonymous, Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 10:16pm
it depends on how far apart the two charges are.
physics - Anonymous, Monday, November 11, 2013 at 11:15am
physics - Elena, Monday, November 11, 2013 at 2:31pm
q₁ = 3 e,
q₂ = 12e,
q₃ = 5e
The electric field at the midpoint is
E= kq₂/(x/2)²- kq₁/(x/2)²=
=k(12e-3e)/(x/2)² =k36e/x² (directed to the 3e charge)
k =9•10⁹ N•m²/C²,
e =1.6•10⁻¹⁹ C,
x is the distance between 3e and 12e
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - What is the magnitude of the net electrostatic force a Boron nucleus ...
- physics urgent help ! - if a 3e charge is at the origin and a magnesium nucleus ...
- physics - if 3e charge is at the origin and magnesium nucleus is 3cm fom thr ...
- physics - if 3e charge is at the origin and magnesium nucleus is 3 cm from the ...
- Physics Urgent please help - In addition to the Mg nucleus at x = 3 cm, another ...
- Physics - In addition to the Mg nucleus at x = 3 cm, another 3e charge is ...
- Physics - a)If a Magnesium nucleus is fixed a distance away from a charge, what ...
- physics - 1)A hypothetical neutral atom has 77 electrons. One of its electrons ...
- Physics - The Nuclues of a Manganese atom has a net charge of +4E-18C. Its ...
- Physics - A)When point charges q1 = +1.5 ìC and q2 = +5.7 ìC are brought near ...