Posted by Cece on Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 12:44am.
1. A customer comes into Pierre's and orders a random assortment of 6 danish. At the time she comes in, there are 26 danish sitting out: 12 raspberry, 8 cheese, and 6 cinnamon. Assume the danish are not replaced.
a) What is the probability that the third and fifth danish selected for the customer's random assortment will be raspberry and the other four will not be raspberry?
b) What is the probability that the random assortment will contain at least 1 cheese danish?
2. At Pierre's Coffee Shop, 57% of customers order coffee, 24% order tea and 16% order orange juice, while 3% do not order anything to drink. In addition, 43% order a muffin, 34% order a danish and 14% order a bagel, while 9% do not order anything to eat. Finally, 26% of customers order both coffee and a danish, and 47% of people order a bagel given that they have ordered tea. Assume that an individual customer will not order more than once drink or more than one breakfast roll.
a) When the coffee shop opens, what is the probability that the first person to not order anything to eat is the fifth person to enter the shop?
b) What is the probability that a particular customer will order coffee given that he did NOT order a danish?
Math - Reiny, Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 11:05am
I will do #1
let R represent picking a raspberry, N a non-raspberry
12R , 14N
a) so you want: NNRNRN
prob = (14/26)(13/25)(12/24)(12/23)(11/22)(11/21)
Prob(none cheese)= (18*17*16*15*14*13)/(26*25*24*23*22*21)
at least one cheese
= 1 - .08063
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - the french club is hosting a breakfast each monday morning in the ...
- math - Straub's Bakery makes 200 Danish cakes that cost $2.70 each. Straub's ...
- Micro - Hi I have the following question - With the Estern enlargement of Europe...
- History - For many German speaking people the decision to redraw boundaries made...
- Literature - Why do you think the singer was an important person in Danish ...
- literature - Why do you think the singer was an important person in Danish ...
- math - Danish used 9 balls of clay and 16 straws to make a solid pyramid. How ...
- history - Who was the Danish immigrant who photographed immigrant life to make ...
- Algebra - I am very confused about functions. I think if I could see this ...
- English Hamlet - Horatio was asked to speak to the ghost because: a. He was not ...