Posted by Raman on Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 7:46pm.
Janella has only quarters dimes and pennies in her pocket thee are eight coins in all and their total value is 83 cents how many of each type of coins does Janella have?
- Algebra 1 - Reiny, Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 9:14pm
number of quarters= x
number of dimes = y
number of pennies =8-x-y
25x + 10y + 1(8-x-y) = 83
24x+ 9y = 75
9y = 75 - 24x
3y = 25 - 8x
25 -8x must be a positive multiple of 3
so clearly x can only be 1 , 2, or 3
of those only x = 2 will work
if x = 2
3y = 25-16 = 9
y = 3
number of quarter = 2
number of dimes = 3
number of pennies = 8-2-3 = 3
check: does she have 8 coins ? YES
what is the value of those 8 coins?
2(25) + 3(1) + 3(1) = 83 , YEAHHHH
Answer this Question
- Maths algebra 1 - Janella has only quarters dimes and pennies in her pocket ...
- math - A man has 21 coins in his pocket, all of which are dimes and quarters. If...
- Math problem I need help with - Combination of coins that can be used; fifty-...
- MATH - Rick has a box of coins .The box currently contains 51 coins, consisting ...
- Math - rick has a box of coins. The box contains 51 coins. Which consist of ...
- 4th grade - Bobby has only pennies, dimes, and quarters. One half of Bobby's ...
- 5th grade math - I need to use quarters, dimes, nickles and pennies to make the ...
- Math - There are 52 coins that consists of pennies, dimes, and quarters. Two ...
- algebra - How many coins When i dumped the change out of my pocket, I noticed ...
- math - Bobby has only pennies, dimes, and quarters. One half of Bobby's coins ...