Posted by anonymous on Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 5:18pm.
Bea can run 1/6 mile in 2 minutes. How long should it take her to run 2 miles?
- math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 5:21pm
Cross multiply and solve for x.
(1/6)/2 = 2/x
- math - anonymous, Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 5:23pm
is it 2/6
- math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 5:27pm
How can that be? Don't you think it would take her much longer than 2 minutes to run 2 miles?
1/6x = 4
x = 4 / (1/6)
x = 4 * 6
x = _______ minutes
- math - anonymous, Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 5:40pm
But I don't get what x means in 1/6x = 4
- math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 5:46pm
x is the unknown number of minutes it will take her to run 2 miles.
Yes, 24 minutes is correct.
- math - anonymous, Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 5:50pm
- math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 5:52pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- social studies - i need help!!!!! one type of lightning bug glows once every 1 1...
- algebra - Jennifer is on her daily run. After 25 minutes she has gone 1.5 miles...
- math - Ted, a triathlete, can swim 1.2 miles in 25 minutes, bike 56 miles in 2 ...
- math algebra 1 - if a person can run 3 miles in 18 minutes and 36 seconds would ...
- Math - It took Mr.Bingea 8 minutes to run 4/5 of a mile. How many minutes did it...
- math for me!!!!!! - Linda can run 1 mile in 9 minutes. How many miles can she ...
- math - If it takes a runner 15 minutes to run a mile how many miles would he ...
- MATH - SHELDON CAN RUN A MILE IN 6 4/5 MINUTES, HOW MANY MILES CAN HE RUN IN 30 ...
- math - 1. A grayhound's maximum speed is 39.35 mph how long does it take to run ...
- math - Mike can run the mile in 6 minutes, and Dan Can run the mile in 9 minutes...