Posted by xleogirlx on Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 10:59pm.
What is the surface area of a circle that has a diameter of 14 inches?
A. 49.86 in2
B. 153.86 in2
C. 196.86 in2
D. 616.86 in2
- Math Can someone check my answers ? - DrBob222, Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 11:05pm
B looks ok to me but that looks like too many significant figures for the data you posted.
- Math Can someone check my answers ? - xleogirlx, Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 11:07pm
thats what my teacher gave me so it right ?
- Math Can someone check my answers ? - Jai, Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 11:09pm
Are you sure it's "surface area" and it's "circle"? Because usually if the shape is 2D, the term is 'area' only.
If it's "area of a circle" only,
A,circle = pi*r^2
A,circle = 153.9 in^2 (closest to letter B)
If it's "surface area of a sphere",
SA,sphere = 4*pi*r^2
SA,sphere = 615.8 in^2 (closest to D)
hope this helps :3
- Math Can someone check my answers ? - xleogirlx, Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 11:14pm
yes i double checked with my teacher n the question is right
- Math Can someone check my answers ? - DrBob222, Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 11:55pm
Jai is right. Surface area confused me too but I assumed area since a one dimensional circle must be area.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - A circle has an area of 36 in2. What is the area of a sector of the ...
- Math- check my answers pls - Find the area of blue portion of the irregular ...
- Math Help- Areas!!!! - For problems 4-5, find the surface area of the cylinder ...
- Math - The bottom of a shopping bag measures 8 inches by 10 inches. The bag has ...
- geometry - Freddy has a triangular flag. He wants to cut out a similar flag that...
- Geometry - 4. Use formulas to find the lateral area and surface area of the ...
- math help ! - 1. A rectangular prism has a width of 92 ft and a volume of 240 ...
- maths - a spherical ballon is being inflated at the rate of 10 cu in/sec.find ...
- Math - 5)Solve 2x2 +6x = 4 by completing the square. 6)Solve 3x2 - 6x- 24 = 0 ...
- Math (HELP PLZ) - The glass in Lee’s window needs replacing. It is 30 inches ...