Posted by Lucy on Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 7:32pm.
Find the y-intercept of the two coordinates ( 2, -5) and ( 6, 3). Please help me with this question and please explain to me and show me how to find Each step to solving the y- intercept. Thank you 😄
Algebra 1 - bobpursley, Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 7:39pm
y intercept is when x is zero.
point 1 -5=2m+b
ponit 2 3=6m+b
subtract second equation from first
m=2, putting that in the first equation
-5=-4+b or b=-1
so for y intercept, x is zero, or y=-1
Algebra 1 - Lucy, Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 7:43pm
Thanks but my teacher said that the answer is y= 2x - 9
Algebra 1 - Reiny, Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 8:16pm
slope = (3+5)/(6-2) = 8/4 = 2
so the equation is y = 2x + b
plug in one of the points: (6,3)
3 = 2(6) + b
-9 = b
so y = 2x - 9
Since this is in the y-intercept, slope form , and b is the y-intercept
there it is!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra: Check please!!! - 1. Find the x-intercept and the y-intercept of 8x - ...
- Algebra: x and y intercept, someone check please - 1. Find the x-intercept and ...
- Algebra help - f(x)=x^3-4x^2-x+4 How do I find the x-intercept for this? This is...
- Algebra - Help Please!! Write the orderd pair describing the coordinates of each...
- Algebra - Can you please help me with this problem: The x-intercept of a line ...
- MAth!PLease Help! - 5. Find the x and y intercepts of each linear equation. Be ...
- algebra 2 - find the number of zeros(x-intercept) y=a^2+a-56 show the step ...
- algebra - Which of the following is not a step used when graphing the equation y...
- ALGEBRA/ PLEASE HELP - Am I correct? Find the slope and the y intercept of y...
- algebra HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELPPP!!!!! - given two points one a line (8,1) and 10,8...