Posted by Musa on Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 6:02pm.
x and y vary inversely, and y = 3 when x = 6. Find y when x = 9.
- Alegrbra 1 - Reiny, Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 7:51pm
if x and y vary inversely, then
y = kx, where k is a constant
using the given data
3 = k(6)
k = 1/2
so y = x/2
when x = 9, then y = 9/2 or 4.5
use an inverse ratio
x1/y1 = x2/y2
6/3 = 9/y
6y = 27
y = 27/6 = 9/2 = 4.5
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - if x and y vary inversely and x=18 when y=8,find x when y=16
- Algebra 2 - On some tubes of caulking, the diameter of the circular nozzle ...
- math - Suppose that x and y vary inversely and that y=1/6 when x = 3. Write a ...
- Science - What is the relationship between the number of gas particles and ...
- Inverse Variation - Help me please.. Explain also :( 1. E is inversely ...
- Alg 2 HELP!! - 1.) Find an exponential function of the form y=ab^x whose graph ...
- Pre-Algebra - If y varies directly with x, find the constant of variation with x...
- Math/Algebra - Im stuck on two problems and would really appreciate the help. 1...
- alegrbra - A tugboat is going 100 miles upstream in 10 hours and returning ...
- Algebra 1 - 1. For the data in the table does y vary directly with x? If it does...