Posted by Arlene on Friday, November 1, 2013 at 12:24am.
This 19-year-old college student was brought tot he ER and admitted with high fever, stiff neck, chest pain, cough, and nausea. A lumbar puncture was performed, and results were positive for meningitis. Chest x-ray revealed pneumonia. Sputum clutures grew Pneumococcus. Patient was treated with IV antibiotics and was discharged with the diagnosis of pneumococcal meningitis and pneumococcal pneumonia. What codes are assigned?
ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code(s) with POA Indicator and MS-DRG:______________
ICD-9-CM Procedure Code(s)_____________
- Medical Billing and Coding - Writeacher, Friday, November 1, 2013 at 8:06am
There are no tutors here who have expertise in this subject area.
Please use your textbook, study materials, and a good search engine or two to find your answers.
1. Go to http://www.google.com or http://www.bing.com
2. Type in cpt codes (or whatever search terms you need). Press Enter.
3. Read different search results until you find what you need.
4. Re-search with different search terms if you don't find all you need.
- Medical Billing and Coding - varthini, Friday, March 21, 2014 at 8:12am
- Medical Billing and Coding - Janet, Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 11:35am
ICD-10-CM I67.1 for the aneurysm.
- Medical Billing and Coding - Anonymous, Monday, November 7, 2016 at 12:52am
- Medical Billing and Coding - Azar, Monday, November 7, 2016 at 8:42pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Medical Billing - You're a coder who's reviewing the record of a 62-year-old ...
- medical coding - A patient is admitted to the hospital for chest pains due to ...
- Medical Billing and Coding - This is a 71-year-old female admitted with a ...
- Medical Reimbursement - Dr. M is receiving reimbursement based on actual ...
- Medical Billing and Coding - This 35 year old HIV-positive make with progressive...
- Medical Billing and Coding - This patient was admitted when MRI revealed ...
- Grammar, punctuation - She experienced fever anorexia weakness and right-sided ...
- MEDICAL CODING - Use the CPT, ICD-9-CM, and ICD-10-CM manuals to assign the ...
- English - Is this properly punctuated? She was admitted for chest pain. The ...
- Medical Coding and Billing - This is a 35-year-old HIV-positive male with ...