Posted by anonymous on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 5:30pm.
Why do scientists use models of natural systems? (1 point)
Scientists use models of natural systems because these systems are often too large, too small, or too complex to study directly.
Scientists use models of natural systems because they like to use art in science.
Scientists use models of natural systems because the models are more accurate than the actual system.
Scientists use models of natural systems because models work exactly the way these systems do in nature.
A scientist is studying a new chemical he hopes will prevent insects from eating raspberry bushes. He sprays the chemical on a raspberry bush and places it with an unsprayed blackberry bush and some insects in a sealed room. He observes insects eating the blackberry bush, but not the raspberry bush. He concludes that the chemical works. This situation is an example of (1 point)
a controlled experiment.
Why do scientists use the International System of Units (SI)? (1 point)
because the SI is based on the metric system
because the tools scientists use only measure in SI units
so they can communicate their results without confusion
so all scientists are guaranteed to come up with the same measurements
What should you do if there is an accident while you are doing a scientific investigation? (1 point)
Go to the hospital.
Wait a few minutes to see if you are hurt or there is any damage to your work station.
Tell an adult immediately and follow his or her directions as quickly as possible.
A student measures a rectangular room to be 20.0 m ◊ 17.16 m. Which of the numbers below represents the roomís area with the correct number of significant figures? (1 point)
A student measures the mass of a paper clip. The studentís data table is shown below. The accepted value for the paper clipís mass is 1.14 g.
Trial # Mass
1 2.45 g
2 2.40 g
3 2.42 g
Which of the following best describes the studentís measurements? (1 point)
The studentís measurements were accurate, but not precise.
The studentís measurements were precise, but not accurate.
The studentís measurements were neither accurate nor precise.
The studentís measurements were both accurate and precise.
Which component of the technological system is achieved when an automobile airbag inflates? (1 point)
How can surveying reading material improve your comprehension? (1 point)
Knowing the main ideas ahead of time helps you know where to focus your attention.
Reciting the answers to questions out loud will help you remember them.
Reading ahead makes studying go faster.
Surveying ahead of time means you can skip maps, diagrams, and content summaries later.
An advertisement claims that three out of five dentists prefer a particular type of toothpaste. After researching the study, you find that the toothpaste company paid for it. Why should you be skeptical of the advertisementís claims? (1 point)
because the dentists are showing experimental bias
because only dentists were involved in the study
because the organization that paid for the study is biased
because you do not like the toothpaste being advertised
If a bowling ball were moved from Earth to the moon, how would its weight and mass change? (1 point)
The bowling ball would weigh the same, but its mass would increase.
The bowling ball would weigh the same, but its mass would decrease.
The bowling ball would weigh less on the moon, but its mass would stay the same.
The bowling ball would weigh more on the moon, but its mass would stay the same.
A student hypothesizes that a goldfish will be more active in a bowl that has red gravel than in a bowl with grey gravel. To test this hypothesis, the student places one goldfish in a bowl with red gravel and another goldfish in a bowl with grey gravel. The color of the gravel is the _______________ variable in the experiment. (1 point)
A scientist goes to a large international conference and hears about a new discovery. The scientist is very excited about these new findings and decides to verify the other scientistsí results by conducting her own investigations. The scientist is being open-minded but __________________. (1 point)
A scientist observes chimps putting dry leaves into a hole in the tree. The leaves come out wet and the chimps lick the water off of the leaves. The scientist reasons that there is water inside the tree. This reasoning is called a(n) ________________. (1 point)
Contact lenses improve lives. Contact lenses are an example of a(n) ________________. (1 point)
Explain what science is. Give an example of a type of scientist and what they study. (3 points)
Explain the difference between a scientific theory and a scientific law. (3 points)
Using an example, explain how being able to understand scientific principles and think scientifically can help you solve problems and answer questions in your everyday life. (3 points)
15.cautious or skeptical?
Please help to at least check my answers.
- Science - hannah, Monday, September 15, 2014 at 2:12pm
did you get them all right ?
- Science - Anonymous, Tuesday, October 14, 2014 at 1:02pm
were they right
- Science - answer plz, Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 2:21pm
well were they right or what?
- Science - answer plz, Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 2:34pm
and btw 7 was C
- Science - Anonymous, Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 11:11am
the capital ks are in the second row, 12 from the left, the eighth row,32 from the left, and the second from bottom row 14 from the left
- Science - Daisy, Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 5:32pm
did you get them right?
- Science - Olii, Friday, September 25, 2015 at 7:47pm
wht were the answers?
- Science - HadaHada, Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 7:25pm
Are you sure you answered al of them correctly (is the person who made the question doesn't answer, then can someone who had taken the test and got the results tell me if this is helpful??) PLZZZZ REPLY FAST!
- Science - Aasiyaa, Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 10:26am
7 , 9 , & 14 is wrong 😒 ' I just took the test !! (( 7 is B " 343m^2 " , 9 is D " output " , & 14 is D " Independent "
- Science - 31, Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 11:31am
what are the answers
- Science - 31, Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 11:58am
17. invention or technology both are correct
i just took this and got 100%
- Science - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 1:24pm
Yes, 31. Those are correct.
- Science - Anonymous, Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 2:20pm
8 is B
- Science - Revan, Monday, October 5, 2015 at 12:02pm
hes right. 8 is B
- Science - Mrs.Sue, Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 6:34pm
17. invention or technology
- Science - Wasup, Monday, October 12, 2015 at 9:11pm
Mrs. Sue is correct got 100%
- Science - jakson , Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 4:59pm
mrs. sue is right got 100%
- Science - Mr.Smart, Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 7:55pm
17. invention or technology
- Science - You suck, Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 1:19pm
I got 10/16 because the answers are wrong!!
- Science - BK, Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 1:44pm
Does anyone know if those answers are correct?
- Science - a, Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 1:55pm
- Science - a, Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 2:05pm
the answers are
16. invention or technology
I just took the test
- Science - INCA student, Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 7:29pm
@a are you an INCA student?
- Science - Course, Friday, September 9, 2016 at 1:19pm
Which are the correct answers??
- Science - Maria, Monday, September 12, 2016 at 1:43pm
16.invention or technology
write the rest, they are super easy. I just did the test
- Science - sam, Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 12:44pm
is maria right?
- Science - helpmeh, Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 10:04am
Maria is right
- Science - YunoGasai, Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 7:09pm
maria is right <3
- Science - Anonymous, Monday, October 10, 2016 at 3:42pm
mrs sue is wrong he didn't get 100% because some of them are wrong.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science - Why do scientists use models of natural systems? a. Scientists use ...
- Science - Why do scientists use models of natural science? A) Scientists use ...
- science - Why do scientists use models? a. Scientists use models to learn about ...
- Sience Plase help check my answers - 1. Why do scientists use models of natural...
- Science - 1. Why do scientists use models? a) Scientists use models to learn ...
- Science - Q1: Why do scientist use models? A.) Scientist use models to learn ...
- Science - scientists often use models to Study the movement of earth and it's ...
- science - Two im not sure on, please check? What is the true work of all ...
- Science - Why do scientists use models of natural systems? (1 point) Scientists ...
- Science - 1. Why do scientists use models of natural systems? (1 point) ...