Posted by victoria on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 at 2:59pm.
if all of the following imaginary planets were the same distance from the sun, which would experience the strongest force of gravity due to the sun?
planet a: mass 3,500 kg
planet b: mass 50,000 kg
planet c: mass 750 kg
planet d: mass 100,000 kg
b) planet b
c) planet c
d) planet d
- science - Steve, Tuesday, October 29, 2013 at 3:22pm
Naturally, the planet with the most mass experiences the strongest force.
F = GMm/r^2
If r is constant, then GM/r^2 is a constant k, and
F = km
Larger m means larger F (force).
- science - Queen elsa, Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 4:05pm
Its planet d
- science - Vanessa Skellington, Sunday, November 23, 2014 at 9:19pm
Thanks Queen elsa! You totally helped me! Her answer is RIGHT you will get it right.
Hope this helps!
- science - No One, Tuesday, February 3, 2015 at 12:27pm
The strength of a gravity pull between two bodies is proportional to their mass and inversely proportional to their distance. Since the distance here is fixed, the only thing that will affect it is the bodies' mass. Since the sun is a fixed mass here, the only thing that will matter now is the mass of the planet
- science - awesomeness, Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 7:15pm
Its plant d i have the same question as you and i got this one right
Answer this Question
- physics help 3!! ** - Based on the following data about planet X (which orbits ...
- Astronomy - Orbital speed is the speed with which a planet moves around the sun...
- Physics - 1. Planet X orbits the sun with a mean orbital radius that is 6200 ...
- math - If planet I is 31.8 million miles from the sun than planet II, then ...
- Physics - A planet with mass 7 x 1024 kg orbits a sun with a period of 1 Earth's...
- Astrophysics - You know M(r) = v^2r /G d = distance; s= speed Planet 1: d=2/s=...
- science - i'm not sure witch statement is true .The earth has a stronger ...
- 8th grade science - Q: how might the length of mercury day affect the ...
- physics - Planets A and B orbit the same star. Planet B is four times further ...
- physics - An object rests on the surface of planet y. Its mass is unknown. Find...