Posted by Eri Uchi on Monday, October 28, 2013 at 6:26pm.
1. After the rioters in "The Pardoner's Tale" abandon their search for Death, they murder one another. This is an example of:
A. dramatic irony
B. situational irony
C. verbal irony
D. poetic irony
I said B.
2. "Please don't be offended at my views; They're really only offended to amuse" when said by the Wife of Bath is an example of:
C. verbal irony
D. situational irony
I said C.
3. All of the following are characteristic of frame stories EXCEPT:
A. They are often collections of folklore.
B. They are unified by a common element.
C. Chaucer's 'The Canterbury Tales' is the first example of a frame story.
D. They extol the virtues of story telling.
I said C
4. Which of the following are characteristics was true of romance heroes, but not necessarily true of epic heroes?
A. embodies the society's values from which they came
B. comes from a mysterious origins
C. fights to defeat evil forces
D. is an archetypal character
I said B
5. Chivalry did all of the following EXCEPT
A. encourage loyalty of knights to the overlord
B. require observance of certain rules of warfare such as never attacking an unarmed opponent.
C. idealize an attitude toward women without actually improving their position.
D. encourage physical love between men and women.
I'm not too sure about this one. It could be A or D and I'm leaning more toward D.
English - Writeacher, Monday, October 28, 2013 at 7:34pm
I disagree with you on 3; I'm unsure about 2. I agree with you on the others.
English - Tab, Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 11:50am
I have a couple of questions to ask you about this work. My son is doing this and have a very difficult time. 850-803-5272 Thanks
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Please help me. I only want to know if I've answered these correctly. ...
- english literatue - the title of the story"Roman Fever' is an example of a. ...
- Literature - Need help with this: 'Much of the writing in Animal Farm uses ...
- English - What role, according to Dessner, does irony play in the story A&P by ...
- English - this question is for the short story lamb to the slaughter there are ...
- English Grade 11 - What is the literary term for an event that is different from...
- English - In "The Censors," Juan takes on the job of a government censor in a ...
- Language Arts - Which of the following situations in "The Censors" represents an...
- English - When Jonathan Swift says that his proposal is "solid and real, of no ...
- English - Please someone explain these to me!!! I've put in the answers that i ...