Posted by hannah on Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 8:15pm.
Marshall has $1.25 in dimes, d, and nickels, n, in his pocket. Which equation could be solved to find the possible combinations of dimes and nickels Marshall has?
algebra 2 - hannah, Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 8:33pm
please help me with this
would it be 75=10D+5N
algebra 2 - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 8:34pm
What are your choices?
What is your answer?
algebra 2 - hannah, Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 8:36pm
75 = 10d + 5n
75 = 10d · 5n
75 = dn
75 = d + n
algebra 2 - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 8:44pm
None of them.
The answers don't match the question.
In addition, I'd use 0.10 and 0.05 and 1.25
algebra 2 - Steve, Monday, October 28, 2013 at 12:17am
Assuming there's a typo, and the amount is $0.75 instead of $1.25, you original equation was fine.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - Joseph always throws change into a can and takes it out every two ...
- Math - A candy machine contains 5 times the number of nickels in dimes and is ...
- math - John has $2.50 in nickels and dimes in his wallet. He has twice as many ...
- Algebra - Anne has 20 coins in her pocket consisting of nickels and dimes only. ...
- math - dave throws loose change in to a cup an takes it out every 2 weeks this ...
- Algebra - Dylan has $2.30 in dimes and nickels. The dimes exceed nickels by 5. ...
- Math - aretha has $0.58 in nickels and dimes. she has 2 more nickels than dimes...
- math algebra 1 - There are 4 times as many nickels as dimes in a coin bag. The ...
- MATH - Jenna always throws loose change into a pencil holder on desk and takes ...
- math - Joe has a collection of nickels and dimes that is worth $6.20. If the ...